Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
ADE Device limit question

How does the device limit work for ADE?

Currently I have my Windows Laptop, Mac Mini, Sony Reader, and the Sony app on my Droid activatede for ADE. If I activate Aldiko on the Droid does that count as a separate activation or do both it and the Sony App count as a single activation against the limit as they're on the same device?
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
does the sony app show in the bookshelf or does the droid show?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
does the sony app show in the bookshelf or does the droid show?
Actually, the only thing that showed when I connected the device was Aldiko, which wasn't authorized. I authorized that, but am not sure if that means the Sony Reader app didn't count or whether I've just used two devices.

Pity ADE doesn't provide a list of authorized devices.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader

Oddly, I then connected my Sony Reader, which did show as authorized alongside Aldiko on the Droid so I'm not sure what's going on.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sounds like the sony app is not being seen by the desktop ADE as a separate device.. I guees that means it doesnt count against you but it also probably means you can move books from the pc when connected- only over the air?

the aldiko app is seen as a separate device.
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
sounds like the sony app is not being seen by the desktop ADE as a separate device.. I guees that means it doesnt count against you but it also probably means you can move books from the pc when connected- only over the air?

the aldiko app is seen as a separate device.
That looks right. Neither ADE nor the Sony Desktop software see the Reader App on my Droid.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard

I meant can't of course. can't move the ADE books from the pc to the sony app on the droid.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
I meant can't of course. can't move the ADE books from the pc to the sony app on the droid.
I actually read it as "can't," neither desktop app sees the Sony app on the Droid.