Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
camdenmaine
camdenmaine began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kidle
To iPad via Amazon (Color images)

I note that Kindle books can't be projected in color on the Kindle but that Amazon preserves (some) color, which shows up when a book is acquired for Kindle-iPad or Kindle-iPhone. For one of my books which has a lot of color images in it, I prepared an ePub which looks great on the iPad, but when I use Calibre to export to my Kindle, it shows up with no images at all.
My question: does Calibre delete images when it converts to Kindle format, or does the Kindle itself refuse the images? Others of my books have b&w images which work fine on the Kindle. Does anyone know what specific graphics-governing rules, if any, are causing images to be deleted?

Thanks in advance,

t.
camdenmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
To check if the images are being removed by calibre or by the Kindle app, open the converted MOBI file on your computer using the calibre viewer or the Kindle for PC application.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
camdenmaine
camdenmaine began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kidle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
To check if the images are being removed by calibre or by the Kindle app, open the converted MOBI file on your computer using the calibre viewer or the Kindle for PC application.
Kovid,

Apparently Calibre is removing the graphics when it converts to MOBI. Though the epub version maintains the graphics, the Calibre-created MOBI has a missing graphic symbol where the graphic ought to be.

What determines that the graphic is not placed in the MOBI? Is it size or color or format? Any help you can offer much appreciated.

t.

PS: Calibre is awesome.
camdenmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that's a bug, open a ticket and attach the EPUB file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color display, ipad