Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Book Designer and linked footnotes

I usually use Book Designer's Notes and Links to link footnotes.
However, these are one-way links.
So I thought that I'd experiment by putting some two-way links into the source html, and had some odd results when making an LRF book.

I used this in the body of the text:
Quote:
<a href="#fn1" id="fn1marker">[1]</a>
and this for the endnotes:
Quote:
<a href="#fn1marker" id="fn1">1.</a> Note text
The results were:
1. My LIT format book had perfect two-way links.
2. I put the html0 file into Mobipocket Creator and made a PRC book with perfect two-way links.
3. But the links in the LRF book only worked one way - clicking on the link returned to the text, but not vice versa.

In the end I remade the LRF using BD Notes and Links.
(The book, incidentally, was Margaret Oliphant's Jeanne D'Arc, now uploaded.)

I would like to have two-way links, for the benefit of LIT and PRC book readers. But I'm not prepared to make two separate sets of links - it would just take too long.
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
I don't think there is anything wrong; it's just that perhaps it's a bit too complicated for the LRF generating routine.

When I create .imp ebooks from html code using eBook Publisher, I must separate those two HTML tags before the links work properly.

Try replacing that html code with, for the body text:
Code:
<a id="fn1marker"></a><a href="#fn1">[1]</a>
Code:
<a id="fn1"></a><a href="#fn1marker">1.</a>
or in older depreciated html code just:
Code:
<a name="fn1marker"><a href="#fn1">[1]</a>
Code:
<a name="fn1"><a href="#fn1marker">1.</a>
See if this works for you.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks, Nick. I'll try these and see.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote