Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Thumbs up My EZ Reader experience...

I have helped my wife set up and get started with the EZ Reader I got her for Christmas. There have already been several good reviews already so I won't repeat what was already said. I have spent enough time with it to come up with my list of hits and misses along with what seems to work best. My "hits" are:
  • It supports a ton of book formats. All formats are readable, even if much less than optimal.
  • User fonts can be used.
  • Light weight
  • Folders.
  • Customer Service. The original unit had a bad number "2" key. They went out of their way to get the exchange in time for Christmas!

My "misses" are:
  • The page buttons are on the left side, which are inconvenient when reading with the cover on.
  • There should be page buttons on the right side too.
  • Most of the formats do not reflow when the size is increased, causing the largest size to be landscape.
  • I really dislike the default font.
  • Books cannot be deleted directly on the reader.
  • The smallest fonts size is universally way too small for my old eyes to read comfortable.

Things that work well are:
  • Mobi formated books from Fictionwise and Harlequin. Both are DRM.
  • PDF books from Feedbooks.
  • Mobi books from Mobileread. Great job guys!
  • HTML converted to Mobi via Mobipocket Creator.

Overall, the EZ Reader is a good reader that my wife (and I) will get a lot of use from!
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez reader