Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How to donate to Sigil's development

After a (rather surprising) number of people asked how can they donate money to Sigil's development, I've set up the necessary information on this wiki page.

Rest assured that all money would go to Sigil related expenses.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
arpitan
arpitan began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I've tried to send money, but I have that message:
Currently PayPal accounts in Croatia are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds.
arpitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
arpitan
arpitan began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I don't like people who is going on forum and ask: I looking for a software but free!
When you go to supermarket food is not free; neither if you want gas-oil or else.
But I don't like to pay for programs that I had never used. It's why I love open source, because generally you can try and if it good, you can give what you want. Experience demonstrate that often you pay more if you give what you decide than when you had to buy something. Maybe supermarkets should try!!!!

Last edited by arpitan; 12-31-2009 at 04:22 PM.
arpitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitan View Post
I've tried to send money, but I have that message:
Currently PayPal accounts in Croatia are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds.
Haha, I knew that wasn't going to work... long live PayPal.

Removing PayPal, Moneybookers is now the only option.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
Valloric

I've been told the instructions on the "Donate" wiki page were not... instructive enough , so I've made them clearer (screenshots included). Hope it helps!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Valloric

Thanks to a very kind soul (you know who you are), the PayPal option is back (and it works)! Should be much easier now.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Yay! I'm glad you got that going. I tried to donate using moneybookers, but they said they can't do it for...how do you say it, cross ocean transactions? Actually, I guess it's just the US they have a problem with. Sniff. Anyway, I'm glad to be able to support what I just know is going to become one of my favorite programs. Being able to easily infiltrate the epub folder is amazing! Wish I could afford more.
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
My thanks for the PayPal option as well. Donation sent this morning. Mine's the one with "dellaster" in the email. Just a token amount for now. I expect to donate again in the future. Sigil is worth it. Thanks!
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
Valloric

Goes without saying, many thanks to anyone donating!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
dtg
dtg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Need more donation options

I had a bit of a hassle trying to make a donation. When I tried to use my Paypal account, Paypal said I could not make a donation with my credit card (Amex). Paypal then asked for a bunch of personal bank account info.

When I tried to donate through Paypal without using my account, Paypal would not let me because the credit card and email were already in a registered account.

I was put off by Moneybookers because I had never heard of it and the instructions said something about "upload some funds to your account", which sounded like more trouble.

I finally managed to donate through Paypal using a different email account and credit card.

Both Google and Amazon have donation services. It might be worth adding them as alternatives to PayPal.
dtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtg View Post
I had a bit of a hassle trying to make a donation. When I tried to use my Paypal account, Paypal said I could not make a donation with my credit card (Amex). Paypal then asked for a bunch of personal bank account info.

When I tried to donate through Paypal without using my account, Paypal would not let me because the credit card and email were already in a registered account.
These are all PayPal problems. I can't really do anything about them.

Quote:
I was put off by Moneybookers because I had never heard of it and the instructions said something about "upload some funds to your account", which sounded like more trouble.
I don't know how to respond to this.

Quote:
Both Google and Amazon have donation services. It might be worth adding them as alternatives to PayPal.
Both Google and Amazon donation services are only for "US-based, IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations".
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
RobynsVeil
RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.RobynsVeil can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Toshiba Thrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitan View Post
I don't like people who is going on forum and ask: I looking for a software but free!
When you go to supermarket food is not free; neither if you want gas-oil or else.
But I don't like to pay for programs that I had never used. It's why I love open source, because generally you can try and if it good, you can give what you want. Experience demonstrate that often you pay more if you give what you decide than when you had to buy something. Maybe supermarkets should try!!!!
Quoted for agreement.

Many 'consumer-type' people - accustomed to 'pay-for' software, with all the expectations being a customer entails - really don't get OSS... there needs to be like a OSS-etiquette page on every forum like this supporting OS software.
RobynsVeil is offline   Reply With Quote