Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
sbaguz
sbaguz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
KOreader on Kobo Touch doesn't open an epub anymore...

Hi all,

some months ago I read a big book adding a lot of highlights and bookmarks.
Yesterday I tried to reopen it and... KOreader crashed, falling back to the Kobo Start Menu and it does the same every time I try.
The only way to reopen the ebook is to delete the sdr folder, but this is not a solution of course, since I would lose all the above mentioned highlights and bookmarks which are the reason why I need this book...
I already tried to let it create a new sdr folder and then overwrite the lua file: no success.
I also tried to edit the new empty lua file copying and pasting the highlights and bookmarks from the original one: no success.

Did it happen to someone else?
Do you have any solution/idea/suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
sbaguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might be able to use Embryo's "KOReader Highlights utility"

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
sbaguz

I did, but unfortunately KoHighlights recovers the highlights only, not the bookmarks...

I've just found out that before a recent KOreader update highlights and bookmarks were in the history folder and after the update they migrated into a brand new sdr folder... maybe something went wrong in this process.

There are no KOreader developers here?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could raise the issue at the project in Github.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
obelice
obelice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Energy Sistem Pro HD, Icarus Illumina XL, Inkpad 2
Hmm, I also cannot open epub on KOReader. Has this problem been solved in the meantime?
obelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by obelice View Post
Hmm, I also cannot open epub on KOReader. Has this problem been solved in the meantime?
How are you trying to "open epub", what are the steps you are using? Can you find the epub you want to open in the File Manager?
Old 04-07-2017, 03:30 AM   #7
sbaguz

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by obelice View Post
Sorry to say, but the only solution I found is to come back to the stable release from the nightly build (the problem seems to be related to the different place where highlights and bookmarks are stored)... hoping that someone solve this issue before the next stable build or I will be forced to stop using KOReader...
Old 04-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #8
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Hoping is always good, but much better course of action is take actual action and report issue on Github, as Ken already suggested.

This will not help developer inform you about your problems, but it will also bring solution to your problems.

Koreader is great because of this, you can communicate with great developers that actually listen and solve problems and add new features.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The new highlight stuff was probably implemented by @NiLuJe or @Hzj-jie. I think mine converted without trouble.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote