Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
JohnnyAppleScrip
JohnnyAppleScrip began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone iBooks
iPhone ePub won't scroll page-to-page

I created an ePub which passes certification, and when it opens in the Adobe Digital Editions app, it scrolls perfectly. It moves from page to page of each story, and then jumps to a new page with the next story.

When I open this ePub file on the iPhone using the iBooks app, it looks great, except for two problems, one of which I will address here, to keep threads cleaner.

When you swipe your finger to turn the page, it jumps to the next story. Each story flows past the bottom of the screen, and is truncated. It's as if there is some setting that specifies a way too tall DIV or something. In effect, there is something preventing the app from breaking these long stories into individual pages, and only puts in page breaks between stories.

Does anybody know what might cause this?
JohnnyAppleScrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
JohnnyAppleScrip
JohnnyAppleScrip began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone iBooks
Never mind, I figured it out. There were some DIV tags out of place. The one thing about ePub code is how darn strict it is. Not nearly as forgiving as any web browser.
JohnnyAppleScrip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapters, pages, scrolling, truncated