Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
KarenB
Groupie
KarenB began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Blayne, Karen: Karen's Scribbles, v1, 29 August 2009

Just as an experiment for my first and probably my only book I've put it together some short stories as a mobi ebook and attached it. Calibre doesn't recognise the author automatically so I've probably done something incorrectly but it does show on my Cybook.

It's full of boy toys, a few naughty bits and even one or two social comments but they aren't too blatant. I wasn't too sure if it belonged under fantasy but it certainly doesn't belong under young adult.

Try it, if you don't like it you know where the delete key is and the price is right.

2014-9-3 everything is now is epub attachments so I've deleted the older mobi file with the spelling mistakes

Luv Karen.

update 2023/7/7 I've been tidying up the short stories and posting each in a separate message under the new way of doing things. So the ones attached to this thread will grow fewer in number over time.

Luv Karen

Last edited by KarenB; 07-07-2023 at 07:23 PM. Reason: moving things out of this thread.
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thanks for offering your work for free, Karen. You might try posting a thread in the "Writer's Corner" section of MR as well.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
KarenB
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Thanks for offering your work for free, Karen. You might try posting a thread in the "Writer's Corner" section of MR as well.
Maybe but these were written for fun, if I drop something in the writer's bit they'll either say it's great and want me to write more which sounds like hard work or they'll say it should have used a particular structure and I'm not certain I'd agree. These stories have sort of written themselves.

Do I care if people like them or not? Well "Cynthia in Distress" is a rather fun Damsel in Distress story that was written especially for some one who enjoyed it very much which was a reward in itself. He thoughts were it had so many twists in it you could never be certain what was coming next.

"Mom" is a popular download at the moment. A short story of what happens when our heroine asks Mom for help.

"My knight in rusting armour" is a fun one, a Damsel in Distress needs rescuing, lots of boy toys including a rather large tractor with two forty foot trailers on the back.

A few thousand people have downloaded these already this just an alternate format.

Thanks for the thought though.

Luv Karen
Old 08-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Veronica
Veronica began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Different, definitely fun. I didn't know boys had so many different toys. Love the Exotic.

I'm jealous of Toe Rag could I borrow him?

Vonnie
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks Karen. I shall put this on my reading list.

Meanwhile, I've edited the thread title so as to meet our thread-naming conventions. This will make it easier for people to find, if they do a search.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
KarenB
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Thanks Karen. I shall put this on my reading list.
Oh dear, I meant to use the spell checker honest.

What can I say other than I hope you find one of them not too bad.

Karen.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
KarenB
Groupie

They've grown in number to over a 100 of these short stories so I think the best thing to do is put them up separately in epub format then you can delete those you don't like in Calibre or whatever easily.

The first batch are set in Regency times, again they all contain naughty bits and boy toys. I wrote them and retain copyright so I assume I may post them here. Of these the Lady who wasn't there is a personal favourite.

updated 2019/4/27 the numbers have grown so I'll put in a second regency message with attachments.

Luv Karen

Last edited by KarenB; 07-15-2023 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
KarenB
Groupie

Second batch more modern.

Cynthia in distress is the damsel in distress tale.

updated 2019/4/27

Luv Karen
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by KarenB; 02-22-2024 at 09:12 PM. Reason: corrected some added a few
Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
KarenB
Groupie

A few more, Toe Rag is in "God Summer with Nothing to do"

updated 2019/4/27

Luv Karen
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

Attached Files
File Type: epub Cripples Inc. - Karen Blayne.epub (151.0 KB, 329 views)
File Type: epub Cynthia in Distress - Karen Blayne.epub (46.3 KB, 320 views)
File Type: epub Dating Rules - Karen Blayne.epub (129.9 KB, 332 views)
File Type: epub Dihydrogen Monoxide - Karen Blayne.epub (46.4 KB, 307 views)
File Type: epub Document Searchers, The - Karen Blayne.epub (39.7 KB, 337 views)
File Type: epub Egbert Awakens - Karen Blayne.epub (142.7 KB, 285 views)
File Type: epub Firm, The - Karen Blayne.epub (140.4 KB, 309 views)
File Type: epub Float, The - Karen Blayne.epub (40.9 KB, 295 views)
File Type: epub Frozen - Karen Blayne.epub (136.2 KB, 317 views)
File Type: epub Cynthia's Summer Job - Karen Blayne.epub (160.4 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by KarenB; 07-22-2023 at 09:44 PM. Reason: updated attachments
Old 09-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
KarenB
Groupie

Even more

updated 2019/4/27

Last edited by KarenB; 12-31-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #11
KarenB
Groupie

one more

Memories is one I like.

updated 2019/4/27

Last edited by KarenB; 08-30-2023 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #12
KarenB
Groupie

Another one

updated 2019-4-27

Last edited by KarenB; 07-26-2023 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #13
KarenB
Groupie

yet another

updated 2019-4-27

Last edited by KarenB; 07-22-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #14
KarenB
Groupie

More Regencies

The messages are limited to 18 files per message.

Last edited by KarenB; Today at 11:43 AM. Reason: two titles had the same name
Old 04-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #15
KarenB
Groupie

A few more. Please redownload the other earlier updated ones

Last edited by KarenB; 02-24-2024 at 08:55 PM.