Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
Eva22
Eva22 will become famous soon enoughEva22 will become famous soon enoughEva22 will become famous soon enoughEva22 will become famous soon enoughEva22 will become famous soon enoughEva22 will become famous soon enough

Device: PC; Android
Hi

Hi, I found this forum after smacking my head against the wall and feeling like a complete moron for the last couple of days, due to being unable to figure out how to do what I would have thought would be super common - read a drm-free book on a PC and Android devices, and have my progress etc synced.

Without getting into too much detail, there only seem to be a couple of reader apps that have both desktop and Android apps, and Kindle was being a massive PITA not letting me send non-kindle books to my PC (it would work and sync fine between Android devices though).

Any preliminary advice and recommendations would be appreciated since I feel like I'm missing something really basic here. Anyway, I'm off to search the forums, wish me luck!
Eva22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Eva and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Hi Eva and as MickeyC says, welcome! This isn't the forum to discuss technical issues but because I have struggled with the same issues I will suggest checking out the calibre forum. It seems to be the most powerful (and open source!) library management software out there. There are also a host of apps including Calibre Companion, MapleRead, BookFusion etc that try to fill the gap with mobile devices. Spend some time around the community, you will learn a lot.

People search out MobileRead because they have questions or problems, arrive here and meet others who have found a solution or workaround. It's really neat and I hope to see you around.

-pcr
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

Please look over the many forums and address a question you may have to the appropriate forum.

If you cannot find what you are looking for, then please PM one of the Moderators.

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote