Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
faredoon
faredoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
ebook-convert source code

Hello,

Could someone please point to the source code of the "ebook-convert" program? Sorry in advance if this already exists in the main calibre repo - I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Faredoon.
faredoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no separate ebook-convert tool. All of calibre is integrated into one codebase. ebook-convert is just a CLI around calibre's conversion functionality.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:06 AM   #3
faredoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no separate ebook-convert tool. All of calibre is integrated into one codebase. ebook-convert is just a CLI around calibre's conversion functionality.
Thanks Kovid. I probably should look at the source in greater detail.

Sorry, I am not totally familiar with Python. So, if we build from the main calibre source repo, will it spit out the ebook-convert.exe (e.g. on Windows)?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is way you can use ebook-convert.exe by itself, it is not self contained. It is simplya launcher. What are you trying to do? I'm guessing embedding calibre in your own software?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
faredoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is way you can use ebook-convert.exe by itself, it is not self contained. It is simplya launcher. What are you trying to do? I'm guessing embedding calibre in your own software?
Absolutely correct :-)

In that case, I have work to do (i.e. examine the source). :-)