Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
How do you put a book cover in Kindle

Even though I don't remember doing anything to add a book cover, some of my mobi books in Kindle app has book covers with the title of the books on it, while some doesn't. So for most part in Grid view, I can't tell which is which.

How can I make everything appear with that book cover showing the title of the book?
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What are you referring to? Books bought from Amazon? Personal documents in your cloud library? Sideloaded books?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:03 AM   #3
2scre
Zealot

Books that were added using send to kindle. The mobi files were converted using Calibre from .ePub files that I made by copy and pasting of text.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:50 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
Books that were added using send to kindle. The mobi files were converted using Calibre from .ePub files that I made by copy and pasting of text.
You need to add the cover in Calibre, if it doesn't have one. It needs to be quite large, my covers are 1200x1800. You then need to re convert the file to a mobi. and then send using Send to Kindle.

If the cover exists already in Calibre, and it's too small, it won't display.

That's how I get covers on all my personal document files,
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
2scre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
You need to add the cover in Calibre, if it doesn't have one. It needs to be quite large, my covers are 1200x1800. You then need to re convert the file to a mobi. and then send using Send to Kindle.

If the cover exists already in Calibre, and it's too small, it won't display.

That's how I get covers on all my personal document files,
However I don't recall adding cover to the ones that already do have covers. It looks like it was automatically added in somewhere in the process. They all have the book title in large letters as the cover so that it's visible in grid mode. For other ones that doesn't have have cover, it shows as the first page of the tiny text that I can't make out.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
However I don't recall adding cover to the ones that already do have covers. It looks like it was automatically added in somewhere in the process. They all have the book title in large letters as the cover so that it's visible in grid mode. For other ones that doesn't have have cover, it shows as the first page of the tiny text that I can't make out.
I think Calibre can add a default cover, maybe that is what has happened. You can add any picture manually to be the cover, but if you do that you need to reconvert the file to add the cover to the book metadata.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
rcrh
Enthusiast
rcrh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I found I only get a cover if I convert to AZW3 instead of mobi.
rcrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrh View Post
I found I only get a cover if I convert to AZW3 instead of mobi.
I get covers on all my mobi files.