Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 04:09 AM   #31
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

All it needs now is Sander to implement
Funny you...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:10 AM   #32
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
It doesn't appear to be too much more work than the current way of adding footnotes, especially if you use clips.

Has anyone tried a book with the epub:type and or <aside> tags in an epub2 reader - would the reader barf, or just ignore them. If it ignored them, then that could be something easily added to all epubs that would give better options (pop-outs) on apps/readers that supported them, and normal options on those that didn't (graceful degredation)/

Well I guess that gives me something to work on this weekend!

Thanks!
Actually this would be one (and only) reason for me to support ePUB3 in the tools...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:25 AM   #33
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Has anyone tried a book with the epub:type and or <aside> tags in an epub2 reader - would the reader barf, or just ignore them.
ADE 1.7-4 ignored epub:type attributes in my test file. However, older apps might choke on them.

While we're at the topic, RbnJrg found out that CoolReader apparently expects a type="note" attribute for footnotes.
This appears to be a manufacturer extension, because the type attribute value should theoretically be an IANA media type and note is not one of them.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Funny you...
I promise to test it for you
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #35
fkustaa
fkustaa began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Pablo,

I am having the same problem as you with regard to endnotes in my book which I am publishing with Amazon Kindle.

I originally wrote the book in Microsoft Word, and then Amazon converted it to an epub format for publication of the book in Kindle format. Then, after they converted the book chapters from Word to the epub format, they asked me to go over the chapters to see if the texts of the chapters were converted correctly.

During the final reediting of the chapters I found that their conversion of the book chapters from Word to the epub format was not done correctly in many sections of the chapters. For example, many words in the chapters were cut during the conversion process. Therefore, I had to reedit the chapters to make corrections of the cut words.

Also, during the reediting of the chapters in epub format using Sigil, I found the need to add some endnotes here and there especially in sections of chapters where I want to remove unnecessary reference materials in the text that disrupt the flow of the reading of the text.

I know how to create returnable (clickable) endnotes in Sigil, but I don't know how to add a new endnote between existing endnotes of a chapter without having to redo manually the formatting of the numbering of the remaining endnotes in each chapter.

Is there a way to add a new endnote between two existing endnotes in a chapter in Sigil, and to have the numbering of the remaining endnotes to change automatically accordingly to the end of the chapter and without having to manually re-format the numbering of the remaining endnotes to the end of a chapter?

I am wondering if you or anyone here can provide me with suggestions on how to deal with this endnotes issue in Sigil.
fkustaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:18 AM   #36
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkustaa View Post
Is there a way to add a new endnote between two existing endnotes in a chapter in Sigil, and to have the numbering of the remaining endnotes to change automatically accordingly to the end of the chapter and without having to manually re-format the numbering of the remaining endnotes to the end of a chapter?
AFAIK, there's no automated solution. However, if you're familiar with regular expressions, you might find my Incremental IDs Sigil plugin helpful, provided that all footnote references and definitions have unique class attributes.
In this case, you could use the plugin to assign new sequential ids to all footnotes and footnote references in a chapter and then use regular expressions to generate new footnote numbers from the footnote ids.
I.e., it can be done, but requires some technical skills.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote