Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Wikipedia search for highlighted word?

Basically my goal is to be able to highlight a word and then click on a button(I could just replace the "share" button since I have no use for it) and do a Wikipedia search for the word.

I just had my Touch jailbroken now(thank you yifanlu!), I browsed around the file system but did not find where I could edit to make such modification. Could someone point me to the right direction/file to look into? thanks!
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
kkasmire
kkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheesekkasmire can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Dude, you're looking for the very thing I'm looking for. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The popup Wiki button is what I want!

The pop-up is probably a java snippet somewhere, waiting to be found.

(I also sympathize with your opinion of the "share" button. I've never used it, and don't expect to use my Kindle as a social networking platform.)
kkasmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
yea, let's hope it's possible and someone finds out what to do to make the modification.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm also interested in the word selection mechanism that the Kindle uses because I find it rather annoying that the Kindle dictionary supports only a number of languages. For example it can display Russian ebooks just fine, but you cannot look up Russian words, even if the dictionary is properly encoded and works fine with Mobipocket Reader.
And since many top Kindle hackers are Russians and there's no dictionary hack yet, I assume that it's simply just too complicated.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote