Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Emmy1300
Emmy1300 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
How can I add ofline dictionaries?

Hello. I have been searching the internet everywhere to find out how to add dictionaries for Dutch, Spanish and French onto my Likebook mars T80D. Perhaps someone here could help me?
Emmy1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
The manual says it accepts dictionaries in stardict and mobi format. You copy the files over to the Dict\ folder and reboot the Mars, then they are accessible.
However I have found that stardict dictionaries which have a file with the .syn extension do not seem to work, but there are still many that do work.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
Emmy1300

Thanks heaps for this. Do I simply add the dictionary to the dict folder in the internal storage? Or are there any other settings that I need to change etc. ?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
I have read that if a stardict dictionary has a zipped data file, you must unzip it, but I was unable to get Dict app work with Duden German dictionary, although I wasn't trying too hard.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:13 AM   #5
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
I have read that if a stardict dictionary has a zipped data file, you must unzip it, but I was unable to get Dict app work with Duden German dictionary, although I wasn't trying too hard.
I investigated the matter a bit more, it seems zipped data files are not the issue, but rather that some stardict dictionaries from internet are marked as version 3.0 in the .ifo file, even though the archive file name says 2.4.2. Those dictionaries which are marked 2.4.2 in the .ifo file do work.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
Emmy1300

I finally managed to figure out how to add a dutch-english dictionary and am so disappointed with the results. It doesn't know half most of the words that I look up. Only the most basic ones which I already know.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #7
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
For a small language like dutch it may be better to download it in google translate and use that if you can't find a better stardict file. I also like the linguee app. Did you search that chinese stardict site? Some of their folders are quite convoluted.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote