Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
zaba
zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o
white screen no matter what i do

hi all, probably many people was talking about that issue but i'm an older person and have a problem to find all answers. my problem is well known to you all - I have white screen in my kobo aura h2o - how this happened ? the reader doesn't work on all books (to be honest worked on one only and gets frozen on the others - just for last few days, before was no problem) so i decided to do a factory reset. after i did it, i went to kobo desktop to finish syncing. after disconnecting from the computer the screen worked for a while and then became white. I've contacted kobo help desk and no help. Find here different ways to try reset it again but no matter what i will do it's back to white screen (white-black-white-black-white during reset). I've seen somewhere an info that the reader can work from external card but i have no idea what to do. if someone can help me with that i will really appreciate it.
zaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
for the original h2o, you can try the paperclip reset, as well as the manual factory reset that involves tapping both bottom screen corners while holding the power button down, you kind of have to grow a third arm for this move

( manual reset methods mentioned at the bottom of this page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O )

as long as the power led still starts blinking there is some chance of success for these methods

if the power led just lights up w/o blink you may have to replace the internal sd card. opening the device is difficult as the front bezel has to be removed, but it's glued all around, and directly to the display itself, and the display is very fragile

you can also cut a hole in the back of the device for direct sd card access but if you cut to deep you damage the mainboard instead ;-)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2022, 03:39 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@zaba: I have sent a PM. When you use it, use a new SD card. If I am reading what you have written correctly, it sometimes starts, and sometimes hangs later. If so, it may be the card is failing. If a new card with the image on it does not work, then it is probably something elsewhere that cannot be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:30 PM   #4
zaba
zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zaba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o
hi
i extracted image files to new sd card. i thought if i will use this card in external slot it might let the kobo works but unfortunately (or more likely i do something wrong) the screen is still white. i've tried all types of reset. power led is blinking. if we are talking about opening the device i don't know anything about so probably job not for me i'm afraid.
zaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:49 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You have to replace the internal card.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaba View Post
hi
i extracted image files to new sd card. i thought if i will use this card in external slot it might let the kobo works but unfortunately (or more likely i do something wrong) the screen is still white. i've tried all types of reset. power led is blinking. if we are talking about opening the device i don't know anything about so probably job not for me i'm afraid.
I think you can run the device from the external SD card. It is possible for the Aura. People have used the image from the Aura H2O to boot the Aura from the external SD card. But, I don't remember if there are any special steps to do this.

But, for the Aura H2O, booting from the external SD card should be a temporary step. If you can do it, you might be able to write the image to the internal card and boot. I don't know as I haven't tried it. But, replacing the card is probably needed. There are instructions for opening the device. The Aura H2O is harder, but, it is possible.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote