Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-27-2022, 12:00 AM   #301
xxyzz
Addict
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
v3.19.0 GitHub release

New features:
  • Create X-Ray footnotes for EPUB books
  • Add Democracy Index and locator map image of country/city/state from Wikidata to X-Ray, only EPUB footnotes have locator map

Bug fixes:
  • Check network errors in macOS subprocess
  • Fix copy file state error on macOS
  • Fix error when MTP device is connected

Other changes:
  • Remove Spanish article from X-Ray entities
  • Remove `LANGUAGE`, `NORP` and `NAT_REL_POL` NER labels
  • Add spaCy Norwegian model NER labels
  • Artifact in GitHub Action is not longer double zipped

Last edited by xxyzz; 03-28-2022 at 11:18 PM.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:58 AM   #302
xxyzz
Addict
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version
  • Send files to Android via adb, please read the document at GitHub
  • Improve X-Ray and Word Wise quality:
    • Merge person partial name X-Ray entities
    • Unescape HTML text
    • Change fuzz algorithm
    • Add 149 and update 53 lemmas
    • Remove WORK_OF_ART NER label
    • Remove cardinal directions and ordinal directions X-Ray entities
    • Remove whitespaces from book quote sentence
    • Add option to enable or disable EPUB locator map
    • Insert X-Ray image caption data

Commits: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co....19.0...master

The latest plugin will be uploaded to GitHub Actions Artifacts at each git push automatically.
Attached Files
File Type: zip worddumb-f63030d7836ad8dc706a4bd3ad8c64a5f24a418f.zip (408.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by xxyzz; 04-19-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Update test plugin
Old 04-27-2022, 10:34 PM   #303
xxyzz
Addict

v3.20.0

New features:
  • Send files to Android device via adb
  • Customize Word Wise lemmas
  • Insert X-Ray image caption data
  • Add an option to enable or disable EPUB locator map

Bug fixes:
  • Fix the code that should check ASIN of books on Kindle but check books in library
  • Disable pip cache to fix memory error on some devices
  • Fix a typo in dump_lemmas.py

Other changes:
  • Merge person X-Ray entities when partial name appears first
  • Merge X-Ray entities that get redirected or normalized by MedaiWiki API
  • Unescape MOBI and EPUB HTML text
  • Only use texts inside the MOBI and EPUB body tag
  • Select orthographic locator map in SPARQL query
  • Add lemmas that contain parentheses
  • Change X-Ray fuzz algorithm to token_set_ratio()
  • Remove WORK_OF_ART NER label
  • Remove cardinal directions and ordinal directions X-Ray entities
  • Add 639 and update 173 lemmas

Looks like spaCy will release v3.3.0 soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.41.57.png
Views:	27
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	193485  

Last edited by xxyzz; 04-27-2022 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:04 AM   #304
xxyzz
Addict

v3.20.1
  • Add support of Finnish, Korean and Swedish language
  • Update spaCy to 3.3.0
  • Disable jobs_pointer
Old 05-04-2022, 09:44 PM   #305
Magic815
Enthusiast
Magic815 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen (2021)
Kind of a dumb question, but since I see that WordDumb handles the creation of the files and sends the ebook to my Kindle device, I wanted to confirm something.

My typical workflow is to ingest EPUB files in Calibre, and then I have them auto-convert to KFX when I use the 'Send to device' button. So does that mean that I need to previously have a KFX file already made, when I click the WordDumb button? I wasn't sure if sending via WordDumb would also handle the same auto-conversion that occurs with the Send to device method in Calibre.
Magic815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:02 AM   #306
xxyzz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic815 View Post
So does that mean that I need to previously have a KFX file already made, when I click the WordDumb button?
That's right. WordDumb doesn't convert book formats. It'll create a new EPUB file with X-Ray footnotes if a book only has EPUB format.

Last edited by xxyzz; 05-05-2022 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:17 AM   #307
muggleMode
muggleMode began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
hi, thanks for this amazing plugin.

just a couple newbie questions
Does "Wordwise" only work in English?
Do you have a book where I can test all the functions working fine on a kindle pw5?
muggleMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #308
xxyzz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggleMode View Post
Does "Wordwise" only work in English?
Yes. It might be possible to create a new dictionary file and set the book language to English to enable Word Wise for other languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggleMode View Post
Do you have a book where I can test all the functions working fine on a kindle pw5?
https://standardebooks.org/ebooks
Old 05-07-2022, 08:03 PM   #309
Magic815
Enthusiast

Hi there - I had a follow-up question about this plugin. Let's say I have already converted an EPUB file to a KFX file - and it's the KFX file that I want to send to my eReader device.

When I hit the WordDumb plugin on that eBook, is WordDumb actually modifying the KFX file that is stored in my Calibre library permanently - and then it sends it over to my eReader? Or is WordDumb modifying a copy of the KFX file and sending that copy to the eReader device, and the KFX file in my library stays untouched? Or is WordDumb sending over extra files that sit alongside the KFX file on my eReader as it's way of embedding that information?
Old 05-07-2022, 10:28 PM   #310
xxyzz
Addict

Both Word Wise and X-Ray data are stored in a separate sqlite file. WordDumb only adds a random ASIN metedata to the book if the book doesn't have this data, otherwise it won't alter the book file.

Last edited by xxyzz; 05-07-2022 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:55 PM   #311
Magic815
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Both Word Wise and X-Ray data are stored in a separate sqlite file. WordDumb only adds a random ASIN metedata to the book if the book doesn't have this data, otherwise it won't alter the book file.
Interesting. Where does that separate sqlite file get stored/reside? Does it move to the eReader and sit next to the KFX file? As for the IDs, so you're saying if my workflow always ensures that I have ISBN, ASIN, and GoodReads ID information in my IDs metadata field, WordDumb will not touch the KFX file itself in any way?
Old 05-07-2022, 11:46 PM   #312
xxyzz
Addict

Quote:
Where does that separate sqlite file get stored/reside?
It's located at the same folder of the book file before being moved to your device.

Quote:
Does it move to the eReader and sit next to the KFX file?
It's sent to a "book_name.sdr" folder next to the book file.

Quote:
As for the IDs, so you're saying if my workflow always ensures that I have ISBN, ASIN, and GoodReads ID information in my IDs metadata field, WordDumb will not touch the KFX file itself in any way?
As long as the book file has a valid ASIN metadata, WordDumb won't alter the file.