Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
chittamuris
chittamuris began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which One Should I Buy?

I have good collection of E-books in Indian Languages- Mostly Telugu.They are in PDF Format. I intend to buy E-book Reader. I am not a Technical Guy. Will anyone suggest me the best buy keeping in mind my requirements.
Thanks
Chittamuris
chittamuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The PocketBook IQ does pretty well with PDFs.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
All the e-readers read PDF files. Sony and Pocketbook seem to get the best reviews in the PDF area.

Do you have other requirements?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
chittamuris
chittamuris began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks
chittamuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
All the e-readers read PDF files. Sony and Pocketbook seem to get the best reviews in the PDF area.

Do you have other requirements?
But what about fonts? I thought the SONYs had problems with non-latin fonts... Well, I am sure other ebook readers have problems with those as well...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have no idea about fonts. I thought that mattered more for Mobi or EPub files then PDFs but I am probably wrong.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote