Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
[Plugin] AddSeriestoTitle

This plugin just takes the calibre series information and adds it to the title. A lot of readers do not interpret these pseudo-standard metadata. Sorting and grouping those series of books does not show them in the right order.

I know that calibre can do that as well, but i dont like/use calibre for personal reasons. Epubmetadata can do that as well - but its only available for windows.

Series information is splitted and checked if there is a minor series or if this is zero - only major version is taken into account. If the minor series is present and greater zero its added as well.

If the series name is already present at the beginning in the title this is taken into account.

Currently the format is fixed - major and minor series are fornatted as two digit values with leading zeroes.

The title is stored in a new meta data entry to avoid repetitive series information in the title. If you change the title only afterwards this will not considered if you start the plugin again.

Don't be so strict when you look at the source code, it's my first Python program and my first plugin. I've stolen a lot of from other plugins, from stackoverflow and Diapdealer, KevinH and Doitso did their best to create this plugin.

As beautifulsoup at least still had problems with namespaces and xml fragments i used the quickparser in the end.

I've tested this plugin with 0.9.17 only, but i guess its running in much older versions as well.

Copyright

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AddSeriestoTitle_001.zip (2.1 KB, 1038 views)

Last edited by Vroni; 08-24-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I have added this to the Plugin Index.
Thank you!

Last edited by KevinH; 08-26-2019 at 02:25 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert