Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #46
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangpelupa View Post
Yes it shows random touches all over the screen.

ART is in the developer option. It should gives 10-20% performance boost.

How do you contact arta tech?

Weird I can't find ART in developer options. You're definitely sounds like there's an issue. Bad news is everywhere now seems sold out of this.

Contact form at bottom of support page https://www.inkbook.eu/support
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #47
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

FBreader - page refresh? where on earth is it?

I got the page turn working. But the page doesn't refresh and some books the font won't change. But it's another option thanks.

I tried inkbooks recommendations:
Youboox just crashes
Skoobe wants you to register so I didn't bother.
Advert
Old 06-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #48
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Heads up. Koreader works brilliantly on the explore. Buttons work, it's very fast, lots of font options plus you can add your own. You can add the app to the home page. There is a couple of niggles, 1. you press at the top to get the menu, if you accidently swipe down you get the inkbook top bar which you can't get rid of without exiting. 2. When you go to view your books in koreader I can't exit without choosing a book, I can't back out of the file manager.

This is so much better than the inkbook. Game changer

Also on APK pure there's a file manager called file manager by ASUS, it's very good. Simple but works brilliantly.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #49
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
for me ES File explorer, the old version (the one with ugly icon) works best. the tiles also small enough to cram tons of stuff in one screen.

anyway, i;ve contacted inkbook support, they wants me to ship the device to them. But its too much of a hassle for me (time and shipping cost), so i asked them how to disassemble the device.

its disassembled, and i put a couple of paper tape on the touch-screen IC. Now the ghost touch is almost fixed (its still randomly do ghost touch but its much rarer, and easier to stop)
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #50
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Colour temp has stopped working, when on full there is no screen light so I don't think the orange LEDs are working.
Advert
Old 09-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #51
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Quote:
for me ES File explorer, the old version (the one with ugly icon) works best. the tiles also small enough to cram tons of stuff in one screen.

anyway, i;ve contacted inkbook support, they wants me to ship the device to them. But its too much of a hassle for me (time and shipping cost), so i asked them how to disassemble the device.

its disassembled, and i put a couple of paper tape on the touch-screen IC. Now the ghost touch is almost fixed (its still randomly do ghost touch but its much rarer, and easier to stop)
Hi, They've asked me to send mine to them. Could you let me know how to disassemble it without doing any damage? It may just be a connection that's loose?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #52
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Hi, They've asked me to send mine to them. Could you let me know how to disassemble it without doing any damage? It may just be a connection that's loose?
You jam your nails or credit card or plastic crowbar into the gap between the bezel and the casing.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #53
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Quote:
You jam your nails or credit card or plastic crowbar into the gap between the bezel and the casing.
Thanks

Does it click back into place. I'm asking because mine is coming away at the top, you can see the light between the bezel and hard plastic case.

I had it on, put it down and then randomly the temperature started working, so for the last 3 weeks or so it's been fine.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #54
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

no info about a new update? new feature? disable touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Thanks

Does it click back into place. I'm asking because mine is coming away at the top, you can see the light between the bezel and hard plastic case.

I had it on, put it down and then randomly the temperature started working, so for the last 3 weeks or so it's been fine.
sorry for the very late reply. Yes it will click back to place as if it has never been disassembled (if you pry careful enough, otherwise i suppose you can leave prying marks on the plastic)