Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #106
alheira
alheira began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2
Hello everybody, Could somebody please send me a working SD image for CLARA HD?
Thank you in advance,
JCastro
Old 10-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:27 AM   #109
nallison
nallison began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
Hi,

Like others, I bricked a N249 Clara HD while helping a friend get XCSoar running.

Having successfully used the Mini with USB-OTG, I ignored the warning about enabling USB-OTG on the ClaraHD. Once it was unresponsive and after some searches which suggest that "XCSoar runs on the - Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Glo HD and Kobo Aura Edition 2." and "none of the current builds supports the Clara acting as a USB host".

davidfor, please would you send the image so I can unbrick this unit? Thank you for your kind help and patience with all of us who've made the same mistake.

--
Neil
Old 11-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:48 AM   #111
nallison
nallison began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
davidfor, Thank you very much, my friend's Kobo is fixed. I appreciate your very prompt reply.

For others looking for info:
- I found the info I needed about updating the serial number in the clara_hd.img file by searching the forum. Today I was using a Win7 PC so used wxMEdit to update the serial number at 0x200 "SN-N249..." in the img file before writing to the SD card
- I used balenaEtcher to write the img to the micro SD Card
Old 11-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #112
robo_jag
robo_jag began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara hd
Clara hd image needed please

Hi All,

the update or me has bricked Kobo Clara HD.
Could someone please help me with a link to the image?
Thank you very much in advance!
Old 11-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@robo_jag: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #114
robo_jag

David, Please try now.

the option is checked.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #115
robo_jag

Last edited by robo_jag; 11-16-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: test
Old 11-16-2019, 09:06 PM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #117
robo_jag

Worked perfectly. thanks.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:00 AM   #118
claudioc
claudioc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
hello David,
would it be possible to receive the SD image for my Kobo clara HD: as many others I'm not able to get rid of the restore stuck.

Please, be so kind to give me also a bit of instruction about how to overwrite my actual SD card: I did never try to do this before.

thanks in advance for your welcomed attention.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:44 PM   #120
claudioc
claudioc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara HD
hi David, hi all guys,
I just tried to flash my original micro SD card (because there is no other way to come out from the manual restoring that stucks on my kobo clara HD).
I used for the flashing operation the software "BalenaEtcher" (https://www.balena.io/etcher/) because it was impossible to use "usb duplicator image writer" (program closing after start of job).
after that, I checked the results by using "mini tool partition wizard" (as Gergith wrote in his post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122).
I see in the picture posted by him that there should be more partitions, as below:
(Unallocated) 10MB, rootfs(EXT4) 256 MB..., recoveryfs(EXT4) 256MB.., KOBOeReader (FAT32) 1.33 GB.., (Unallocated) [however big the rest of your sd card is. 5.9GB for the 8GB card in the pictures].)

I discovered that, in my case, on the just flashed Sd card there is only one partition (7,4GB not allocated).

I'm wondering if my sd card is corrupted or if the used software copied wrongly the image received from you, or if my 7zip did not uncompress correctly the zipped file received.
can you, or anyone else give, me any suggestion for going on?

P.S. I'm using my windows7 PC for doing all.

thanks in advance for your support.
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue