Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 07:58 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
The way to get ADE page numbers is to read ePub and not kepub.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #32
Knightreader
Enthusiast
Knightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheeseKnightreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way to get ADE page numbers is to read ePub and not kepub.
In Calibre all my ebooks are epub. The KoboTouchExtended plugin is configured with "Enable Extended Kobo Features" and so I got kepubs on the reader. In the past it was better (for me) reading kepub because of the chapter progress. But now I can go back to epub, because all what I want is possible with epub with the new firmware. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Or are there other arguments for keeping the kepub transfer?

EDIT: Oh, with epub the menu for reading the progress chart is missing. But I've never intentionally used it.

Last edited by Knightreader; 09-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
In Calibre all my ebooks are epub. The KoboTouchExtended plugin is configured with "Enable Extended Kobo Features" and so I got kepubs on the reader. In the past it was better (for me) reading kepub because of the chapter progress. But now I can go back to epub, because all what I want is possible with epub with the new firmware. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Or are there other arguments for keeping the kepub transfer?

EDIT: Oh, with epub the menu for reading the progress chart is missing. But I've never intentionally used it.
Yes there is, and that's one of them. There is plenty of discussion here about the advantages of the different formats.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #34
Phil_C
Zealot
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-300Black/350Silver/350Blue/T3Black x2; Kobo Clara HD x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
In the KoboTouchExtended Plugin on the metadata tab I activated the subtitle with
"{#pages} Seiten" (it's in German for me) and so I find the calculated total page count in the library as subtitle and in the book detail information on the reader.
Thanks for this. I'd seen this referenced before, but couldn't figure out where to do it. The results look good.

One thing, though -- It seems that for this to work, the "Update metadata on Book Details pages" box in the driver must remain checked. This means longer processing time every time the reader is connected.

I wonder if there is another way to accomplish this in calibre when sending new books to the Kobo.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Thanks for this. I'd seen this referenced before, but couldn't figure out where to do it. The results look good.

One thing, though -- It seems that for this to work, the "Update metadata on Book Details pages" box in the driver must remain checked. This means longer processing time every time the reader is connected.

I wonder if there is another way to accomplish this in calibre when sending new books to the Kobo.
Not if you want if you want it in the subtitle. If you put it in the comments or title, using a metadata plugboard will update new books as they are sent, and the device will read this information during the import process. To use the subtitle or series, the book needs to have been imported on the device so that the updates can be made to the database. The update is fairly fast as it only makes updates where there is a difference between what is in the calibre library and what is retrieved from the database on the device when the list of books is fetched. If you send 1000 books to the device, the next time you connect it takes time. But, if you are only sending a few books at a time, it is much less noticeable.

You can also do this using the metadata update function in my Kobo Utilities plugin. With that, you can do it for selected book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:09 PM   #36
Phil_C
Zealot
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-300Black/350Silver/350Blue/T3Black x2; Kobo Clara HD x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The update is fairly fast as it only makes updates where there is a difference between what is in the calibre library and what is retrieved from the database on the device when the list of books is fetched.
Thanks for clarifying this. There has been so much activity with changing firmware and patches in the two months I've had the Clara that it's been difficult for me to keep track of what's what. I will let the driver update the device on connect. I also have the subtitle template in your Utilities plugin if I want to do it that way sometimes for new books.

My Clara is now the best reader I have ever had. I appreciate all the work done by you and the patch wizards.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote