Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Latest B&N/Samsung tablet to support Read-In-Store?

It may be a strange question but, does anyone know the last Nook/B&N/Samsung tablets to support Read-In-Store? I know it still works in stores for those devices that have it, but it seems like I'd heard or read somewhere that the feature was dropped from later Nooks and Nook/Samsung tablets. I know for certain it hasn't been listed as a feature in quite some time, and you can find no mention of it on their web-sites for newer devices. Does anyone know if/when this feature was dropped? I'm hoping to find that latest confirmed devices that still had this feature.

Does anyone know which devices this may have been or if they all still have it?

Thanks.

Last edited by bfollowell; 09-14-2019 at 12:17 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
It's still available.

Check their web site under Barnes & Noble Cafe - Relax and Refuel
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's really strange, that they advertise it there, but they removed it as a selling point from the Nook advertising years ago. You can read every word about every feature of the Nooks and Nook tablets on those pages, but you'll find no mention of Read-In-Store anywhere, yet they mention it here. Weird.

Also, it says "Download the Nook app or visit any Barnes & Noble store with your NOOK in hand, and read entire NOOK Books Free with FREE Wi-Fi" So, does that mean you can do Read-In-Store with any tablet or phone using the Nook app in the store? That's what it sounds like to me. It used to be that this would only work on Nook branded devices.

I'll have to check it out. If I can use it on any device using the Nook app, I may not need to worry about picking up another Nook device anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
It’s likely any device but if they haven’t changed things you have a time limit on each book per day. I want to say it’s an hour of reading. They may have changed this since I bothered looking at it last.

It was also tied to being on the stores Wifi which with some stores could prove to be problematic since the WiFi was spotty at best
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
bfollowell
Fanatic

Well, I've just returned from my local store and I can say with certainty that the Nook app doesn't do anything as far as Read-In-Store, so I'm not sure why their site says that. Just like it used to, Read-In-Store only works on B&N branded devices, not other devices with the Nook app.