Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
DukeSharp
DukeSharp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need help finalizing epub

I published Garage Band Theory a little over two years ago, and it's doing OK on Amazon and elsewhere.

I've just finished updating all the links, fixing a few typos and some other little things in Sigil.

I'm an author/musician, not an 'ebook builder' and there are a couple things that I haven't been able to figure out ... I think it's pretty simple stuff, but I'm busy with other aspects of the project.

Wondering if there's someone here who can help finish it up.

Thanks,
Duke Sharp
ds@garagebandtheory.com
DukeSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I am assuming you have supplied your email address in order that people can contact you directly. Seems a little unusual, generally the client is the one that will contact with the service provider. There are many service providers out there than can help you get your ebook created ... for a price.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
DukeSharp
DukeSharp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Right, looking for help, so I thought the address might make it easy for some.

And not looking for 'free help' ... I'm just stuck and checking around. Looked on Fiverr and Upwork, thought I'd try here too.
DukeSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Maybe some of the authors here will have specific recommendations. So far I've always made my own, but it is something that is easy to get wrong. It's not hard, just lots of details so that it can be easy to miss a step. I know in one of my short stories I forgot to mark the cover image as a cover image in the epub (in Sigil it's only a couple of clicks, just easy to overlook), and that meant the cover didn't show up exactly as it should everywhere.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote