Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Narrow margins

Luke,
I produced an epub with your tool, and it worked fine (as usual).
Only remarkable that margins left and right turned out very narrow to the edge of the screen. @page settings showed:
Code:
margin: 5pt;
When I tried to split margin settings in
Code:
{
margin-top: 5pt;
margin-bottom: 5pt;
margin-left: 7pt;
margin-right: 7pt;
}
at least the last mentioned settings were ignored; margins remained narrow.
I can't see that margin values are affected by other css-settings. Does your tool touch the page-template.xpgt in the OEBPS?

I should mention that I make an epub-to-epub-conversion with calibre afterwards. It's quite possible that this has some impact, although at the page-upset margins are put to 5pt at top and bottom, and to 7pt left and right.

Not really a problem, for I can change margins on the device itself, but just out of curiosity ...
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

page-setup, of course ...
Old 12-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
No, W2E doesn't care of template.xpgt…
Your problem is not so clear to me. Which software do you use to reading epub?
Would you send to me (writer2epub[at]gmail.com) the epub generated by W2E AND the one converted with Calibre?

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
Leonatus
Wizard

It's just that after creating the epub, converting in Calibre amd sending to my device (Kobo Touch), it turned out that the side margins of the text were too close to the edge of the screen, so that the frame threw a little shadow on the text which made it a little difficult to read. This isd no general issue with your tool, more a singular case, and I have been wondering why the margin settings in the @page-stylesheet came to no effect (only at the sides, not at bottom and top).

But I'll send you the books as soon as I'll be back home.