Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #2731
omegauo
omegauo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@omegauo: Unrelated issue. The jailbreak itself is at its essence a single file, nothing to do with the SO.
Thanks, I just checked amazon and it said it was special offers. I got it off ebay so I guess the guy didn't know.

It's odd it only showed up now though, I've had it for a week and was using it when I loaded books.
omegauo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #2732
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@omegauo: Not that unheard of. I have yet to see any on my PW, for example (granted, wireless's been off most of the time).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #2733
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

I have a kindle keyboard 3G. I thought I uninstalled all the hacks before trying to update to 3.4 but was unable to update. I got this in the logs below, any suggestions would be appreciated. (I hope this is the right place to post this and apologize if it is not, posted somewhere else but did not get any responses)
Thanks!

ota_install: C defatchatchinfo="/usr/var/cache/fontconfig/f394b45e7a2716944ea2c0aeb5c008aa-arm.cache-2"atch failure

ps dont know why the weird emoticons are showing up above for the letter p

Last edited by bluen; 10-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #2734
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluen View Post
I have a kindle keyboard 3G. I thought I uninstalled all the hacks before trying to update to 3.4 but was unable to update. I got this in the logs below, any suggestions would be appreciated. (I hope this is the right place to post this and apologize if it is not, posted somewhere else but did not get any responses)
Thanks!

ota_install: C defatchatchinfo="/usr/var/cache/fontconfig/f394b45e7a2716944ea2c0aeb5c008aa-arm.cache-2"atch failure

Code:
ota_install: C def:patch:patchinfo="/usr/var/cache/fontconfig/f394b45e7a2716944ea2c0aeb5c008aa-arm.cache-2":patch failure
ps dont know why the weird emoticons are showing up above for the letter p
wrap it in [ code] blocks [/ code] (without the space)

Last edited by twobob; 10-26-2012 at 01:17 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #2735
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
wrap it in [ code] blocks [/ code] (without the space)
Thanks. Does anyone know how to fix what is in the fontconfig folder?
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #2736
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@bluen: Unless you played with fontconfig manually, that shouldn't happen...

Just to make sure it's not something wonky on the fonts hack side, run the 'dummy' update attached to the first post, and post/attach the 'update_testupdate.log' (or something, not at home right now, not sure of the filename) it will create at the root of your kindle.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #2737
bluen
Enthusiast

Quote:
@bluen: Unless you played with fontconfig manually, that shouldn't happen...

Just to make sure it's not something wonky on the fonts hack side, run the 'dummy' update attached to the first post, and post/attach the 'update_testupdate.log' (or something, not at home right now, not sure of the filename) it will create at the root of your kindle.
Thanks, log attached.
On a factory reset deregistered Kindle, I ran the 0.11.N jailbreak and the dummy update. The update.testupdate.txt is attached (renamed .log to .txt)
Attached Files
File Type: txt dummy_testupdate.txt (55.1 KB, 195 views)
Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #2738
bluen
Enthusiast

NiLuJe,

Tried also to upload original log I made when I first tried to update to Amazon's 3.4 update but was too large to upload. Look in your pm and I will send you a link to download this log, thanks.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #2739
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluen View Post
NiLuJe,

Tried also to upload original log I made when I first tried to update to Amazon's 3.4 update but was too large to upload. Look in your pm and I will send you a link to download this log, thanks.
just zip it up.... then you can have 20 Mb IIRC
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #2740
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bluen: Well, after a factory reset, of course the testupdate log is clean .

One thing you can try is to run
Code:
fc-cache -rfv
over SSH (after switching the rootfs rw), that should rebuild the fontconfig cache, hopefully there's not some magic involved, and it'll match the expected md5sum.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #2741
bluen
Enthusiast

Quote:
@bluen: Well, after a factory reset, of course the testupdate log is clean .

One thing you can try is to run
Code:
fc-cache -rfv
over SSH (after switching the rootfs rw), that should rebuild the fontconfig cache, hopefully there's not some magic involved, and it'll match the expected md5sum.
Thanks I will look into process for being able to SSH.
Did you look at the log I sent you via pm? That will be a log for installing 3.4 and is where I saw the patch error.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #2742
bluen
Enthusiast

I'm a linux noob but managed to install a stand alone terminal and executed commands.
Got the following output below in the terminal; still kindle refused to update and gave same u006 error.

"usr/share/fonts/ skipping no such dir
tmp/root/.fonts skipping no such dir
/usr/java/lib/fonts caching, new cache contents; 27 fonts 0 dir
usr/var/cache/fontconfig: cleaning cache directory
/tmp/root/ .fontconfig: not cleaning non existent cache directory
fc-cache: succeeded"
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2743
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bluen:

After making the rootfs rw (mntroot rw)? With a ro rootfs, it probably ends up in a tmpfs, which is not what we want .
Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2744
bluen
Enthusiast

yes made it writeable before i executed commands
Old 10-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #2745
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bluen: Huh.

Well, then, your best bet is to extract the files in question from a full 3.3 rootfs backup or go the long way and do a full flash (cf. the debricking thread/k3flasher).

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet