Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Does Tolino have a recovery mode?

https://translate.googleusercontent....NOhS8E94YI61aA

Actually looks like most do.
I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works.
WARNING: It may be used by beta testers or users of last resort. One thing it may do is completely wipe books, settings, fonts and put the Tolino as when it was first turned on. It may be something that's handy to keep in the toolbox.

The website is in German and I used Chrome to translate. I also pasted it in Edge and it loaded correctly.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
https://translate.googleusercontent....NOhS8E94YI61aA

Actually looks like most do.
I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works.
WARNING: It may be used by beta testers or users of last resort. One thing it may do is completely wipe books, settings, fonts and put the Tolino as when it was first turned on. It may be something that's handy to keep in the toolbox.

The website is in German and I used Chrome to translate. I also pasted it in Edge and it loaded correctly.
I ran into this recovery mode one time when I was trying to downgrade my Page after experimenting with firmware 13.1.1. It turned out that the download link they had at that time was to a bigger firmware file that, apparently, the Page didn't like. I found the original 12.2.0 file and used that and everything worked fine. I didn't use Recovery Mode, I just exited out of it (twice) until I found the right firmware.

EDIT: By the way, thanks for the link. Not sure how you set that up that translation, but it's nice.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-14-2019 at 07:40 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would be afraid to try the recovery on the Vision I have because of the Shine firmware that was originally on it and a slight pain to get rid of.

You have to thank Google for the translation. I just had Chrome set to auto translate.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
The recovery mode wipes everything and put the device into "original" Firmware.
"Original" means: devices with Firmware below 11 to factory (Android 4.0.4)
Divices updated above 11 to 11.x.x (Android 4.4.2).

When testing, I often use recovery - my books are in Calibre.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
Tuneraider
Connoisseur

I probably should have spoken more clearly. When I got the Vision 3 it was used with the first Shine firmware 10.5.0 on it. I don't know how the previous owner did it and little afraid to try the recovery and possibly brick it. If I keep messing with it I'll probably get to find out soon.
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
I probably should have spoken more clearly. When I got the Vision 3 it was used with the first Shine firmware 10.5.0 on it.
Do you have problems?
If yes, then do recovery.
If no, then avoid it.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote