Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Bayyak
Bayyak began at the beginning.

Device: None
Boox Poke or Tolino Shine 3

My main use case is to read books and sync highlights and reading progress to iOS. Assuming I can get both at the same price, which one of the two devices would you recommend?

The Boox has beefier specs but may require fiddling around. I’ve also read that the touch screen does is not very accurate.
Bayyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
I don't know much about the Tolino Shine 3 but I would get the Poke Pro over the regular Poke because its using Android 6.0. The regular Poke has Android 4.4 which will soon be discontinued by Google. The Pro is only $20 more and IMO worth it to future proof your device.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I have poke pro. I like it but it has issues. See tbe thread in onyx section--poke pro first impressions. I posted tbere. I agree get the pro not none pro. The. OS takes memory so with only 8 gb ram you won't be left with much. Honestly, if all you want do is read I think there are better choices. The poke pro is a tablet. It sucks battery, it does everything. I like it. It plays youtube videos. But...its not the best choice for a pure ereader.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote