Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
mikasax_x
mikasax_x began at the beginning.

Device: android
Book request

Hello,

I'm new to this website and I'm wondering if I can request a book I can't find here, and where I can do that if it's okay

Thank you!
mikasax_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
You can request books in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10290

But be aware that you can only request books that are in the public domain, i.e. whose author has died in 1947 or earlier.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
mikasax_x
mikasax_x began at the beginning.

Device: android
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
You can request books in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10290

But be aware that you can only request books that are in the public domain, i.e. whose author has died in 1947 or earlier.
Oh I just checked he died in 1969 thanks anyways
mikasax_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikasax_x View Post
Oh I just checked he died in 1969 thanks anyways
If you're in the US, and the book was published prior to 1923, you might be able to get people interested in creating an ebook version over at Distributed Proofreaders. Their books end up at Project Gutenberg. In some cases in the US, books by US authors written between 1923 and 1963 are also in the public domain.

If Canadian copyright doesn't change in the next two years, someone who died in 1969 will be in the public domain in Canada in 2020, and might show up at Faded Page.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:11 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And if you can't find him in PD you might get lucky and find him in ebook format at a bookseller like Amazon's kindle books or one of the other ebook selling sites. It's not the most likely but sometimes enough people have requested book x by author y that the publisher takes notice.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert