Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #31
steven168
Zealot
steven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
getting an ereader will help with you being distracted. PC reading will be distracting
PC reading is too bright for the screen...
steven168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven168 View Post
i use Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 instead.

all DRM ebooks isn't it use Adobe DRM, so no mattar which apps they still know isn't it?

i use OverDrive Library so i use Adobe ID
Not all DRM ebooks use Adobe. Amazon and Kobo have their own encryption schemes, Barnes and Noble use a modified version of Adobe, other companies which supplied ebooks also used their own schemes.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #33
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven168 View Post
PC reading is too bright for the screen...
Have you turned the monitor brightness down?

I find most monitors and tv sets have the brightness and colour turned up far too much for my eyesight. A salesman told me it was because it made the picture look better in the shop.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #34
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You could try downloading some ebook apps to your phone or tablet and test those for reading as well.

There are a lot of free ebooks you can use to test them and see what works for you for reading.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:12 AM   #35
BrickyBrian
Connoisseur
BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
As Maddz sugested, "As explained previously, it depends on where you plan on obtaining your ebooks from"
The primary question at the moment is just that. At the moment I'm (unsuccessfully) hunting for such sites.
Thank you all for your suggestions which I now have to really study.
BrickyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Go here and download Sony Reader for PC. This will allow you to download epubs, pdfs, and library books, including DRM infested books to your pc.

http://sony-reader-for-pc.en.lo4d.com/
The last time I tried Sony Reader for PC, it had issues with my local library and DRM. I just booted up the VM it lives in and the result was the same. The same library still works happily with ADE 2.0.1.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #37
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The last time I tried Sony Reader for PC, it had issues with my local library and DRM. I just booted up the VM it lives in and the result was the same. The same library still works happily with ADE 2.0.1.
I regularly use the Sony Reader for PC software to obtain Overdrive library books and sync them to my Sony reader. The books are also readable on the desktop in the PC software. My desktop is a Windows 7 PC, if that makes any difference.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I regularly use the Sony Reader for PC software to obtain Overdrive library books and sync them to my Sony reader. The books are also readable on the desktop in the PC software. My desktop is a Windows 7 PC, if that makes any difference.
The VM is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit though 32bit/64bit should not make any difference. I suspect the local library consortium updated their version of ACS a while back since the older version of ADE I played with using WINE no longer works either.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #39
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I also still only have ADE 2.0. which I don't ever use. I just download the library books to my Sony for PC and start reading.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #40
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I also still only have ADE 2.0. which I don't ever use. I just download the library books to my Sony for PC and start reading.
My Sony Readers seem to work fine with Sony for PC and Overdrive also. But I've only tried it a few times as I don't normally use Windows and t's easier to use my Kindles with Overdrive (in the U.S.). I can also still download Overdrive books directly to my Sony T2 using its web browser (not the Overdrive app).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #41
BrickyBrian
Connoisseur
BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks all for your advice.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #42
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
It might help you to read and retain by using text-to-speech while reading. You are then using two sections of the brain.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #43
BrickyBrian
Connoisseur

Sorry to appear thick but could you please elaborate on, "text-to-speech".
Old 04-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #44
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Text-to-speech software speaks the text for you. I have Balabolka on my laptop, but to get the best voices you have to pay. I use the Audrey UK voice, which is very natural. I think there are some ereaders with text-to-speech capabilities, but I'm not sure which. My kindle paperwhite 2 doesn't have audio.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #45
BrickyBrian
Connoisseur

Right, that could well present difficulties in that I experience sever hearing loss unless of course I used a headset with and Induction Loop facility but I will certainly give some thought to the concept so thank you very much.