Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
So your brother lent you a book with the Abby.com statement embedded in it?
That was my point; any PDF "book" which has this in it, unless it's a book that the user has scanned themselves, is almost unquestionably pirated.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #17
gyre
wookie
gyre began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
If you meant me...

I'd love to not have to troll around in grubby pdfs for the books I want to read. I'm affluent enough to be able to afford to buy kindle books via the official channels.

However, the reality of the situation is that not every book I want to read is yet available on the kindle, so I've chosen to buy the paperback version so the author gets suitably compensated for his/her work, and have pressed the button on the amazon UK page which supposedly lets the publisher know that somebody is interested in them making a kindle version.

I don't really see what more I can do, since my preferred method of reading books is on the kindle. I really don't feel like manually scanning and OCR-ing every book I wish to read.

-- gyre --
gyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert