Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
EPD waveform files

I have two Bebook 1s (Hanlin 3ext). One of them has poor contrast on the display - it has been back for a screen change but really isn't much better.

I have noticed that when I check the "About" Screen this one reports "EPD waveform : Not found" which makes me suspect that there is a missing Screen component.

I understand that the Waveform files are specific to the Visplex screen batches. Can anyone suggest how to check the batch number or ID of the screen and where to get the correct version of the Waveform file for my screen ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
According to this document, you'll need to look for a sticker on the screen itself to determine the waveform-file.

Sourcing the file might be harder though, in my experience Hanlin doesn't really want to share them.

I've a file somewhere called "P038_00_23.lcd" so if you're lucky needing that one, I'd be happy to send it to you...
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
AlfonsVH,

Thanks for your offer and the document that shows how to disassemble the unit. Looking back in my records the Waveform file before I returned the unit to BeBook was :BL_B055_60_V110, however as they changed the screen that wouldn't be appropriate any more.

I'm reluctant to put on an unmatched waveform as I probably wouldn't be able to recover if it made things worse.

In the absence of any authoritative info I'll pursue this again with Endless Ideas to see why they didn't load the correct EPD when swapping screens and see if they can let me have the right EPD file.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote