Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
roland1
Connoisseur
roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Indexing in SIGIL, pt.2 - alphabetical disorder

Gentlemen, ladies and esteemed colleagues. No, wait. Let me start again...

Hi folks: I'm noticing that when I make entries in the index that SIGIL does not like to always put them in alphabetical order.

Is this because of the html-related alphabetical order, matriarchy, or some other underlying preference that I'm not grasping at this point?

Here's what I'm looking at and this happens often —*note that as a subtopic of relationships, father should be ahead of mother alphabetically. Is it? You decide.

Any ideas? Is this Corona-related?

Last edited by roland1; 12-21-2021 at 03:57 PM.
roland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
roland1
Connoisseur
roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wild guess #1: is the alphabetical order of the sub-sub-topic the determinant? Note mother has a subtopic starting with "a" while father's sub-topic starts with "f".

Spooky.
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The Index code uses a LocalAwareSort. But that may not be used with sub categories. I can not tell by eyeballingthe code. Which locale are you using? Does Using the Index Editor column sort help.

Can you please start with a copy of your epub and then strip it and index down to make a very simple test case that can be used to track down the issue.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
1. Create/attach a sample EPUB.

2. Give us example Index entries (exactly as they appear in Tools > Index > Index Editor).

That will help people debug and narrow down the exact issue. Like I said in the previous topic, it's a rarely touched piece of Sigil... and barely anyone uses it.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #5
roland1
Connoisseur

I'm not using the index editor at all. I'm just hard coding the links within html files using the keyboard shortcut for "mark for index" and then generating a new index html file via the gui.

I'll see if I can recreate this issue with a sample file.
Advert