Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Yggdrasil_232
Yggdrasil_232 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3, pocketbook touch hd 2, kobo libra h2o
Impossible to transfer cbz or cbr on any reader.

Hi everyone.
So here it is. Calibre is an old friend since years, but there. It has a problem I can't solve alone. Hope a good soul can give me an answer to this.

Whatever reader I connect, I can transfer epub, pdf or whatever the readers can read with no problem, except when it comes to cbr or cbz stuff.
Each time I try to transfer a cbr/cbz file calibre shows me a box saying the format is wrong and asks me if I want to convert it.
But I don't want to convert. I bought my readers for cbz and cbr support and to have not to convert to pdf or epub anymore.
How can I simply tell Calibre just to transfer it on my reader ?

Thanks for all the help you can provide me.
Yggdrasil_232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_232 View Post
Hi everyone.
So here it is. Calibre is an old friend since years, but there. It has a problem I can't solve alone. Hope a good soul can give me an answer to this.

Whatever reader I connect, I can transfer epub, pdf or whatever the readers can read with no problem, except when it comes to cbr or cbz stuff.
Each time I try to transfer a cbr/cbz file calibre shows me a box saying the format is wrong and asks me if I want to convert it.
But I don't want to convert. I bought my readers for cbz and cbr support and to have not to convert to pdf or epub anymore.
How can I simply tell Calibre just to transfer it on my reader ?

Thanks for all the help you can provide me.
With the device connected: Right-click the device Icon: CONFIGURE: Tick CBR and CBZ
This assume the DEVICE supports the formats you tick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
Yggdrasil_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
With the device connected: Right-click the device Icon: CONFIGURE: Tick CBR and CBZ
This assume the DEVICE supports the formats you tick
Awesome. How could I have not seen it !!! It was so simple !
Sorry for having bothered you for that.
Big thanks to you. Thanks to you my frustration is gone
Old 04-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not you fault this happened.

The driver defaults to the device's KNOWN, Native release, formats support (at time of installation:first usage).

Calibre rarely (if ever) touches EXISTING configurations on its own, even if it does gain support.
The user, will then decide IF they want/need, the new setting.
In your case, you probably added a CBR/CBZ viewer to your device, which requires you to inform Calibre that this format is now supported. It is now done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #5
Yggdrasil_232

Thanks for the explanation.
My inkpad 3 and aura h2o are natively compatible with cbr cbz format while my pocketbook touch hd 2 are compatible since a recent update.
So I first thought it was kind of a bug for touch hd 2 but I didn't understand why Calibre wouldn't recognize inkpad 3 and aura h2o like compatible devices for these formats.
But now thanks to you all is clear ✌️
Advert