Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
I need more detailed info.
tools -> developer options in what? Android, Koreader, ADB, ?
Nothing like that is in koreader.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #17
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
Normal Nook UI options. Go to settings, About. Tap on the n icon lots until it opens developer options. I think it's Allow Debugging under there. Not sure. It's the same set of options you go into to root.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #18
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe this will help?

Quote:
Glowlight 3 Button Keycodes
In case anyone wants to get an app working with page turn buttons on the new Nook. Tested in a custom build of FBReader.

Top Left: 140 (F10)
Bottom Left: 139 (F9)
Top Right: 141 (F11)
Bottom Left: 142 (F12)

Scan codes are:
TL: 0x00c0
BL: 0x00bf
TR: 0x00c1
BR: 0x00c2
Old 12-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #19
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
That's in KOReader. Tools is the screwdriver & wrench icon. Developer options is only in the file manager, possibly on the second page.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #20
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Maybe this will help?
@Pajamaman: Fantastic! Thank you! It works!

Now I have full use of buttons. I also pushed my collection of stardict dictionaries into the right folder

@pazos: thank you for the hint on key overrides.

@Frenzie: that was difficult to find. Thanks!
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #21
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Cool, I updated the wiki: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ips-and-tricks. Feel free to check if I understood the things right!.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #22
fllc
has been

(This post might be more appropriate in the Nook dev forum but since I got so much help here, I am continuing here.)

So I've experimented with a bunch of reader apps, launchers, button overrides, file managers and app markets.

In the end, the most effective and battery efficient configuration is:

fully rooted
replaced bootanimation

ReLaunchX running as launcher (and loaded from f-droid)
F-droid
KOReader from f-droid
File Manager from f-droid
stardict dictionaries for KOReader
event_map.lua for buttons in KOReader

and nothing else...

Battery life went back to reasonable after I got rid of all other apps
Sleep works properly after I got rid of all other apps
I could use a BACK button but find all solutions intrusive on screen

I copied 2 small test libraries of English and non-English (not latin alphabet) books. Everything works fine, and both Nook and KOReader display everything properly. Of course, only KOReader can handle multiple dictionaries.

The Nook is very slow (in comparison even to aging Kindle PW2), but once in KOReader it becomes very usable and reasonable. KOReader is noticeably faster than Nook native reader app in page turns, dictionary look-ups (which are my two most frequent actions).

I have a few more items to resolve:

1. Is there a way for ReLaunchX to ignore and not even list SDR folders?
Currently, I can use RelaunchX to traverse the directory tree, find book and click on it to launch KOReader. But the displayed list quickly fills up with SDR folders.

2. Is there a way to somehow launch KOReader with one click?
To work around the above problem, I use RelaunnchX as launcher to list available apps, then click on KOreader, then use KOReader's file manager to traverse the directory tree to find a book. KOReader knows to ignore SDR.

3. In KOReader, is there an easy way to review the list of words that were looked-up in dictionaries?
In Kindles there is a feature called Vocabulary Builder that let's you review looked-up words as a list or by individual book. I am looking for something similar in KORedader.

Thank you all.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #23
fllc
has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Cool, I updated the wiki: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ips-and-tricks. Feel free to check if I understood the things right!.
No, 141 and 142 are reversed.

Code:
return {
   [139] = "LPgBack", -- Nook Left Page Back (left lower button)
   [140] = "LPgFwd",  -- Nook Left Page Forward (left upper button)
   [141] = "LPgFwd",  -- Nook Right Page Forward (right upper button)
   [142] = "LPgBack", -- Nook Right Page Back (right lower button)
}
Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM   #24
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
thanks fllc!!! Updated again!!!!
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #25
Pajamaman
Wizard

AFAIK Sdr folders are generated by kindles. Did you copy the files straight over? I suggest you copy all your books onto a pc, do a search for sdr, then delete the result. This shouldn't delete books. Then copy back to nook. But backup first.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #26
Pajamaman
Wizard

You can set an onscreen button in relaunch to call koreader. Look under advanced settings / screen button behaviour. I use memory double tap.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #27
fllc
has been

KOReader also creates .sdr for each book.

Thanks for the hint! I just configured the memory double-tap to KOReader.

Now I can get rid of File Manager. I set ReLaunchX to run as launcher, and in file mode (not library mode as before). I use single double-click memory button to launch KOReader. I use KOReader's file manager which knows to ignore sdr.

Now I just need a super-light weight button remapper to make long press on NOOK button act as BACK.

Last edited by fllc; 12-04-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #28
Pajamaman
Wizard

Quote:
KOReader also creates .sdr for each book.

Thanks for the hint! I just configured the memory double-tap to KOReader.

Now I can get rid of File Manager. I set KOReader to run as launcher, and in file mode (not library mode as before). I use single double-click memory button to launch KOReader. I use KOReader's file manager which knows to ignore sdr.

Now I just need a super-light weight button remapper to make long press on NOOK button act as BACK.
I'm using Koreader, and I'm not seeing any sdr folders. I'll check that.

How do you set Koreader to run as a launcher?

Re: back button, I use button saviour. I posted the version number that I use. I couldn't do without it.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 12-03-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We definitely do create/use/populate a sidecar folder .

(In 99% of cases. The 1% remaining being weird corner cases where the location where the book is stored is read-only).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #30
fllc
has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I'm using Koreader, and I'm not seeing any sdr folders. I'll check that.

How do you set Koreader to run as a launcher?

Re: back button, I use button saviour. I posted the version number that I use. I couldn't do without it.
I mis-typed. I corrected above. I meant to say "I set RelaunchX to run as launcher, and in file mode".

I tried button savior, but did not like the on-screen buttons. I tried other apps that remap hardware buttons. Some are less acceptable than others. All seem to be large-ish and not particularly light on resources... I need something really minimalist!