Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
tracis035
tracis035 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tablet, samsung phone
wrapping text in the main interface?

I have a couple of questions...they seem somewhat stupid, but please don't laugh at me...

1. In the main interface/library view is there a way to wrap text? For instance I have some really long titles that I would like to wrap onto a second line so I can narrow the column while still being able to see the entire title instead of ...

(When looking at the calibre manual - GUI - Search & Sort, there is a screen shot showing titles with wrapped text)

I was hoping that might be an option in change text, but i only see strikeout and underline. If the only way to do this involves python, then please don't try to explain it to me. Just say it is too complicated for a novice. If it is not nor will ever be an option, just say so, I'll survive the disappointment

2. In series metadata the number shows as 0.00. On the main interface/library view page series #2 shows as [2], but #2.5 shows as [2.50] Is is possible to drop that second unnecessary 0 on the library page, so it shows up as [2.5]? I am never going to use a number such as 2.55

This is mostly a minor annoyance for me, so if the answer is that is just the way it is...okay. Once again, if it is a python change - just say it's a no go novice. If there is some tweak to change it, I didn't notice it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. If anyone has potentially easy fixes to help, it would be appreciated. If not, these are just on my "calibre would be perfect if... wish list."

I am new, so if I did not post this in the correct spot, I apologize in advance.
tracis035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, wrapping was removed a while ago because it proved to be too slow. Allowing wrapping means the size of every row in the list has to be calculated individually which is very slow for large libraries.

No there is no way to remove the extra zero
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert