Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil-0.9.0 Release

Hi All,

Just to let you know that Sigil-0.9.0 is out now. This is a full release (not a beta or pre-release) of the redesigned Sigil. It is hoped this release will provide a long-term, stable and up-to-date version of Sigil while we begin development work on adding additional epub3 support features.

The release notes, list of changes and the binaries themselves can be found here:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/releases/tag/0.9.0

Have fun!

KevinH and DiapDelaer
Old 11-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
W10 x64

Just installed, First file I opened: The Book Browser was SORTED by name with no user input
Titlepage and Jacket are now at the END. Thankfully, the other sections were simple-sequential and stayed in order.

BTW I think this (unwanted sorting) was what happened to me with 901, but in that case, the files had various Names and I had fun putting things back to rights

BTW I have now removed the tick for gumbo tidy on open and will see if that helps
Advert
Old 11-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Please try to attach a sample that can be used to reproduce the problem. I days of old, that would only happen with a broken opf file.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi theDucks,

Please try opening a known good epub ike the Sigil User's Manual or some other known good epub and let us know what you see in regards to the BookBrowser. I am not seeing what you are at all. Perhaps that epub or your computer file system is corrupt?

KevinH
Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW Sigil opened with a 'Not Well formed" message

If I dismiss the message:

then run Reformat HTML -Clean source (all HTML files)

HTH
Advert
Old 11-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi theDucks,
Which epub? Again, please try with a known good epub, not a broken one. Let us know if the problem is restricted to just that broken epub or is a general problem. Then privately pm a link to KevinH or DiapDelaer with the location of where we can get a copy of the (!!!! non-commercial !!!!) epub that is broken so that we can figure out why.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 11-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi theDucks,

Please try opening a known good epub ike the Sigil User's Manual or some other known good epub and let us know what you see in regards to the BookBrowser. I am not seeing what you are at all. Perhaps that epub or your computer file system is corrupt?

KevinH
Good books are fine.
This problem seems to be a 'self pub' caused (is appears, it was missing a Doctype entry) issue, annoying, I will contact the Author. Bad input is just Bad.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Thanks for all the work guys!

I was totally amazed at how much quicker it opened up, and the GUI looks ... cleaner ... although I can't point my finger at exactly what it is yet.

I did notice that the disappearing CSS is still present in 9.0....just happened again after using the "Create HTML Table of Contents" tool. I'll go back to adding a space to the CSS file so Sigil treats it as something that needs to be saved.

Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remind me again what the "disappearing css" is? And how to duplicate it?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this development.

I will download the update and look forward to using it.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC it was that the new CSS file wasn't being tagged properly when being created...if I went in and put a space somewhere in the css file it would tag it as "updated" or somesuch and then it would save the file properly. Otherwise it had a tendency to clear the entire sheet...leaving a blank css file.

let me see if I can find the thread where we talked about it. I think Kevin was the one to find the problem and fixed it for 8.7.

Edit:
Here it is from this thread

Last edited by Turtle91; 11-07-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I was under the impressions that that bug had been fixed. I never noticed your "it's back" post at the end of that thread, and no one has ever mentioned it happening in the 0.8.9XX series.

I can't reproduce it with the steps we nailed it down with last time, so it must be something else.

Has this been happening for you all along with the pre-releases?
Old 11-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

I haven't had time to test the pre-releases. I just installed 9.0 last night. I tried not using my work araound and it happened on the second book.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
The changes made to fix that disappearing css bug in the Sigil-0.8.X series are correctly in master. So this is a different bug causing the same issue. Please give an exact sequence of steps needed to recreate this with Sigil-0.9.0.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #15
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

Tested the sequence of steps from the previous issue (see below), and it confirms that bug has been fixed.

Code:
1) Open Sigil (default document is present)
2) File->Add->Existing Files
- Move to any existing .css file and add it
3) Right Click on only file (Section0001.xhtml) and choose Link to Stylesheets and choose your newly added stylesheet
4) Tools->Table of Contents -> Generate HTML Table of Contents
5) File -> Save As
save to junk.epub

Now leave Sigil and go and unzip your new junk.epub and look at the css file you added, it will be blank and have size zero bytes.
So please see if you can develop a similar sequence of steps that shows the new error. It will not matter what is actually in the stylesheet just that you added an existing stylesheet and link it in, and then doing something that will force all ebook files to be written back to disk.

If you can figure out a similar sequence, post it here and I should be able to use it to track down and fix this new but obviously related bug.

Thanks,

KevinH
Closed Thread