Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
New Sigil Release: Sigil-0.8.901

Hi All,

The second (and hopefully final!) in our Sigil pre-release series, Sigil-0.8.901 is now available. This release is primarily a bug-fix release, although a couple of new features have slipped in. This release is much more stable than its predecessor all thanks to your testing and bug reports. If no major showstoppers are found, this pre-release will form the official Sigil 0.9.0 release and we will then start work towards Sigil 1.0 and reasonable epub3 support.

As far as new features go, the tool box for plugins that use the embedded Python 3.4 interpreter, has been expanded. The embedded site-packages now include: six, html5lib, lxml, sigil_bs4 (Sigil's version of Beautiful Soup4), Google's Gumbo parser via a sigil_bs4_to_gumbo_adapter, PIL (Pillow image library), regex, cssutils, cssselect, chardet, and our own ctypes interface to the hunspell spell checker. This along with the new epub3 versioned plugin interfaces (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=95) should provide a quite powerful toolbox for plugin developers.

Complete details of what is fixed and how to get is is available from our wordpress site:

http://sigil-ebook.com

To download binaries for Mac OS X and Windows, please see our github releases page:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...es/tag/0.8.901

Please note, beginning with the Sigil 0.8.900 release, the process to build from source has changed greatly. Please check new instructions for building on Mac OS X, and Linux available on our github site. See the README.md and docs/ directory for complete instructions.

As always, only download Sigil from its official home github site and remember to run a sha 256 checksum on your downloads and compare them against those posted in the release on github to make sure you have downloaded the exact same binary that we have uploaded.

When the the next full release build is made, I will be signing the Mac OS X builds with my Mac OS X Developer account (assuming I can figure out how to do that!). Leave it up to Apple to charge volunteer developers just to build and release GPL OpenSource projects! They are indeed clueless.

Again, for fastest resolution, please post any bug reports or feedback on this release in this thread in the Sigil forum and we will try our best to address any serious issues in quick follow-up release if needed.

Thank you for using Sigil and helping to make it better!

KevinH and DiapDealer
Old 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Advert
Old 10-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Wonderful!

All seem to work perfectly and faster than before: many thanks.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Unhappy

W10 X64

Using a Sigil split marker (loaded by S&R) files, results in a scrambled (splits at the end) book IIRC this was a OLD issue that was fixed

S&R status (how many, not found) missing. The lS&R box wobbles like it was trying , but nada showed

Crash
unfortunately, I can't remember the precise edit function I was performing, only that I had been doing a lot of successful (scan) cleanup before that happened
Old 10-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no earthly idea what you mean by a "wobbling" S&R box!
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I have an MR download "Bleak House" from HarryT that uses divs instead of p for paragraph classes. Any span within the div gets a lot of whitespace put around it by Prettyprint. This adds spaces into the text. Look for italic spans to see the effect.
--MH
Old 10-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I have no earthly idea what you mean by a "wobbling" S&R box!
The box changes size and right back. The box jiggles in height just a bit
Old 10-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook View Post
I have an MR download "Bleak House" from HarryT that uses divs instead of p for paragraph classes. Any span within the div gets a lot of whitespace put around it by Prettyprint. This adds spaces into the text. Look for italic spans to see the effect.
--MH
Downloadable from here. Especially easy to see what you're referring to in the "Bleak_House_split_007.html" file (cast of characters).

Regardless of the crazy whitespace added in code view, Pretty-Print results in extra space being rendered after "Matthew Bagnet:" In the third entry ("Matthew Bagnet:*The owner of a music shop;"). That extra spacing isn't there when pretty print is turned off.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The box changes size and right back. The box jiggles in height just a bit
I think we're going to need some specific examples in order to get a good handle on what you're describing concerning splitting and S&R.

-Some attached html
-The exact search/replace expression you're using to insert split markers
-what you're seeing after you split, and what you think you should be seeing after you split.

Keep in mind that you may not be able to use saved expressions/clips that are based on the way the old Sigil pretty-printed code (without tweaking them first). The Gumbo Pretty-print does not produce the exact same thing that the old Sigil Pretty-Print did.

I'm still not quite certain what you're describing with regard to the S&R functionality.
Quote:
S&R status (how many, not found) missing.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
gipsy
Connoisseur
gipsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I'm still not quite certain what you're describing with regard to the S&R functionality.
For example... When you search for something and it returns 0 results... It doesn't return a "Nothing found" in the Search-Replace box.

I don't remember when. But I had the same and with Matches. It displayed nothing and not "Matches found:xx"
I think when i haven't any of the Option cheked.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I really and truly need an example ebook and the exact sequence of steps to have any idea what you are talkign about here? I really haven't a clue. So please attach a small epub example and please include a detailed sequence of steps to recreate the issue.

None of the4 S&R code was touched in the large change since Sigil 0.8.7, so it should not be broken in any way but perhaps the problem is caused by something outside of the S&R code? I really need an example and specific steps to track it down.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 10-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

The Search and Replace part works fine.
in Sigil.8.x there is a status line as Gipsy indicated. That is missing.

When it SHOULD appear, the S&R box does some sort of resize/refresh jiggle.

Splitting (the same way I do with 0.8.7)

I insert the standard: <hr class="sigil_split_marker" />
Manually, or by S&R code into the various HTML files

later, I press <F6> to split the whole lot

BTW When this happened before (Sigil2?) , valloric could not find it because he only had 1 file being split. I was splitting 4+ (each 240K limit break point of older devices ). All the splits ended up AFTER the last original pre-split file
Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The Search and Replace part works fine.
in Sigil.8.x there is a status line as Gipsy indicated. That is missing.

When it SHOULD appear, the S&R box does some sort of resize/refresh jiggle.
I see what you're talking about here. Some statuses are showing (usually the searches/replaces/counts with results), some are not. Looking at the code... I have no idea why yet. The status updates ARE being sent. Just not shown.

This source file hasn't been touched since before the 0.8.7 release.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I see what you're talking about here. Some statuses are showing (usually the searches/replaces/counts with results), some are not. Looking at the code... I have no idea why yet. The status updates ARE being sent. Just not shown.

This source file hasn't been touched since before the 0.8.7 release.
a latest QT snafu?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #15
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
a latest QT snafu?
I noticed something today about "jiggling boxes" that may help track it down... hopefully it's not a red herring.

Sigil 8.7:
I extended my desktop so that one monitor (primary) had the preview pane all to itself, the other monitor had Sigil. When I tried to change a S&R option ("This Page" to "All HTML pages") the box just jiggled and did NOT drop down to show the list of options. When I returned the preview pane to it's rightful place (docked on the right side of the window) and went back to displaying only on the secondary monitor...then the problem went away.

So, this very well may be a QT5 issue that doesn't have anything to do with 8.901

Cheers,
Closed Thread