Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Stresspuppy
Stresspuppy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (3rd gen)
Automatically Add - How often does it check?

I have setup Calibre to use the Automatically Add feature. I have it pointing to a folder and I have added something there. I wait awhile and nothing happens. I quit Calibre and when I restart it, it grabs the file and adds it as I would expect. How often does Calibre check the "watch" folder?

I'm on Mac using OS X 10.8.5 and using Calibre 1.37.
Stresspuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Stresspuppy
Stresspuppy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (3rd gen)
Ok, I feel like an idiot. I swear it wasn't working. But I created an Automator workflow to move files to that folder and as soon as I did, Calibre picked it up. UGH.

Sorry for the dumb/noob question.
Stresspuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not poll the folder, instead it uses OS facilities to be notified whenever new files are added to the folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote