Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #376
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
I opened the annotations from within the book. My annotations are just highlights, where I mark typos or formatting or grammatical errors for fixing after I've completed reading the text.
But, how did you open the book? The bug you described happens if you open the annotations list from the home screen and then open the book using a "Show on page" for anything in the list. If you then open the annotations list, deleting an entry will not remove it from the list until you turn the page or close and reopen the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #377
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
It sure does work but taking notes while reading takes quite some time. Highlighting (a part of) the sentence that contains an error will also do the trick. Use the search function of your editing program to find and navigate to your highlighted POI.
That doesn't work too well when you're dealing with an ebook that has a different document for each chapter...especially if it's an omnibus with over a hundred chapters total!

I don't make lengthy notes, either. I usually highlight a few words and add a note like "ch18 - no dash" or "bk2ch3 - Smith's" that tells me where the error is and what the fix is. Then, when I'm done or at least come to a convenient place, I can pull up the annotations and go through 'em all in just a few minutes. Open the document, search for the highlighted text, make the change, save, rinse and repeat.

ETA - Back on-topic: I had a zombie annotation list pop up last night that was apparently related to the sleep function. Overall sequence:

1. Power up.
2. Open book normally and go to annotations list.
3. Delete annotations one by one (as I'm fixing the copy of the book stored on my computer).
4. Close empty annotations page and power down.
5. (a few hours later) Power up.
6. Open book normally, read a chapter.
7. Use slider to trigger sleep mode.
8. Sleep mode times out and device powers down.
9. (later still) Power up.
10. Book's tile shows the same annotations that it had at step 2.
11. Delete annotations, read a chapter, and exit to home screen.
12. Tile shows no annotations.

At this point, I don't know whether the annotations are gone for good or waiting to come back again.

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 12-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #378
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
on the WIFI issue in 3.1.0

this is probably mumbo jumbo, but after passing to 3.1.0, i removed
Code:
OnlineWikipedia=true
from the configuration file, and suddenly I could not sync anymore, and realised the device would not connect to wifi (reboot, reset, nothing worked).
I reinstated the line in the config file, and now everything works. Bizarre. I should say that I have 3.1.0 on a Mini, which isn't supposed to be running on 3.1.0.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #379
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
K-Glo. V3.1.0
After about 10 minutes in direct sunlight the screen would not respond to any touch inputs nor was there a response to any button press, even after being indoors and letting it cool to room temperature.

Pin reset restored the unit.

*note to self*, take a hat for the Glo when reading in direct sunlight.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #380
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I would ask you all a little favour: please read the first post I'm counting at least three bugs that can be added to the list, but they are not formatted as expected and I have no time to do it myself. Please redirect any new bug reporter to the first post before replying. Thank you very much

PS: I confirm the two "wrap" bugs.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 12-14-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #381
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I don't know if this is a bug or specific to my device but all of a sudden my wifi would no longer work. I have done a full factory reset and my KOBO Aura will not connect to my wifi router.

I'm on 3.1.1. It was fine until lunchtime today, then suddenly developed this fault. My last sync was on the 14th so its not related to new software.

I have no hacks on my kobo at all, only added a couple of fonts
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #382
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Josieb1, I see that you've posted in another thread that rebooting your Wi-Fi router solved the problem. Glad to hear it!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #383
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Josieb1, I see that you've posted in another thread that rebooting your Wi-Fi router solved the problem. Glad to hear it!
Thanks for posting for me Robert. Moral of my story is never ever do a factory reset until you've tested your router, even if it seems like its working fine.

Now loading all my books back on
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #384
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My problem is that I can only connect to the WiFi after rebooting the Aura HD. When it's gone to sleep, it won't reconnect anymore, no matter what. Removing the connection and adding it again doesn't work, trying to reconnect just pops up Something went wrong... Please try again. I've also tried rebooting it, resetting it, some people even have tried a factory reset, but nothing works, it will only connect once, until the next reboot.

I've had no problems with WiFi before firmware 3.0, and our other devices work just fine. The router is a Fritz!box 7390. Other people have reported the same issue.

I have tried rebooting the router, but that didn't work for me. I've tweeted Kobo, and they told me to contact help@kobobooks.com, and they've asked me for further information. I wonder if they'll come up with a solution.

Last edited by ableeker; 12-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #385
Motorpsycho
Motorpsycho began at the beginning.

Device: None
Same for me. Wifi only connects once after reboot. Happens with two different routers that work without problems for any other device.
Motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #386
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
About the Wifi connection issue: what message do you get? I mean, in my AuraHD I often get a "Ooops, something went wrong while connecting. Please try again" message (or something like that) when launching the Web Browser or when trying to re-connect from a previously interrupted Web Browser session through Sleeping, (I have a Sleep Cover so I often send the book to sleep from a last and fast Web Browser session just before I myself going to sleep...)

But if I try twice, or three times at most, it reconnects without any more trouble. (I'm on 3.1.1. and all the tested routers were on WPA2 AFAIK).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #387
lanzorg
lanzorg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I have the same issue but only if I add some ebooks on my Kobo Aura. So If I reset wifi works well but when I add some books, wifi error appears and I can't connect anymore. I tried 4 times with differents settings (change language, change timezone, ...) but nothing changed.
lanzorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #388
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've googled this issue, because I believe it's a bug that has been introduced in firmware 3.0+. One of the hits I found links to a German MobileRead-like forum that's quite good! (It's in German though.) I noticed that a number of users are using a Fritz!box router, as do I. (It's made by AVM, a leading German manufacturer of broadband devices.) And interestingly, users of this forum had noticed that the Kobo was able to reconnect successfully if you set up DHCP on the Fritz!box to assign a fixed IP address to the Kobo.

It ought to work without a fixed address, so I feel it's a bit of a work-around, but who cares, it's working for me!

1. We have two Kobo's, an Aura HD, and a Glo. Both were working fine before 3.0+, and both are unable to reconnect until a reboot when upgraded to 3.0+. There are no issues with WiFi when downgraded to 2.10.

2. I have contacted Kobo Support, and they think the Aura HD is malfunctioning and want me to send it in for repair. I have a feeling it's software related however.

3. Both Kobo's work fine when they're assigned a fixed IP address.

4. It's not only an issue with AVM devices, other devices are affected too. I don't know if all AVM devices are affected, or only some.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #389
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Product: Kobo Mini
Firmware: 3.1.1
Plugins: Joel's kepub
File types:sideloaded kepubs
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: No
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce: click on a footnote or a reference to a table or to a figure, and you go there. however, there is no longer any way to go back where you were, while in previous firmware this was possible.
Current result:
Workaround: None that I know of

Am I missing something?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #390
sds910
sds910 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
@ableeker: tried the "workaround" here, but assigning a static IP to the Aura HD in my router had no effect whatsoever. Turn off wifi and turn back on and the device will not connect resulting in that same irritating OOPS message.* I'm THIS close to giving up on Pocket functionality and returning to 2.8.1.

*It seems that the Aura HD can still SEE the wifi network; but when one attempts to connect manually, it asks for the password that it seems to have forgotten about temporarily -- and then cannot connect. Upon reboot, the connection is made instantly. Using WPA2 authentication.

Last edited by sds910; 01-03-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added more detailed information.
sds910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app