Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #361
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
For the record, I just want to point that I've tested multiple AP, with and without encryption, with or without reboot between each. The result is always the same. The AP doesn't receive one single bit coming from the GLO.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #362
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Ok, I've talked too quickly. It allowed me to solve the problem when:

1) I'm connected.
2) I disable the wifi.
3) I reconnect the wifi.

This was an issue, it is not anymore. But if I*let the connection timeout, it is still not working. That's really really strange.
By "timeout", do you mean when the WiFi disconnects itself after a while when not used? Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Ok, I understand why:*the Kobo erased the [FeatureSettings] from the file.

So, yes, your fix is working. But how can I prevent the eReader.conf from being overwritten a few minutes after?
It shouldn't and didn't disappear here. Are the other options being saved in the config file? Or if you add one of the other options in the same section, say "BookSpecificStats=true", does that stay?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #363
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone.
Hi again ploum
I tried to add the string suggested by davidfor, but it doesn't help to fix the issue.
I also have a router of telecom company with WPA encryption.

I tell you that i have not problems when i connect to the hotspot of my phone cell, or when i connect to routers of some of my friends, who have other kinds of router.
So i am wondering if the problem is related to telecom routers.

Yesterday, i saw that the official twitter account @KoboHelp answered someone that this is a known issue and they are trying to solve it.
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #364
sds910
sds910 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares
Having the exact same wifi issue on my Aura HD. Have added the code to FeatureSettings and will report back with results. For the record, I'm on Verizon FiOS; the router's wireless is using WPA2 authentication.

(EDIT: a few minutes later... )

And can confirm that it does NOT fix the problem. After the initial reboot, Pocket articles were downloaded, read and successfully deleted and the reader was put to sleep. Upon awakening from Sleep, attempts to force a Sync were met with the "Something went wrong... Please try again" dialog. WiFi will not reconnect. All this is on the latest 3.0.1 firmware and none of the other devices around here are suffering from any wifi-related issues (two iPod Touches, an iPad, a Nexus 4, a Nexus 7, a Windows laptop, a pair of Apple Airport Expresses AND a WDTV Live box are all happily sending packets back, forth, hither and yon).

Last edited by sds910; 11-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
sds910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #365
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Hi everyone.
Hi again ploum
I tried to add the string suggested by davidfor, but it doesn't help to fix the issue.
I also have a router of telecom company with WPA encryption.

I tell you that i have not problems when i connect to the hotspot of my phone cell, or when i connect to routers of some of my friends, who have other kinds of router.
So i am wondering if the problem is related to telecom routers.

Yesterday, i saw that the official twitter account @KoboHelp answered someone that this is a known issue and they are trying to solve it.
Well, I've tried with a hotspot set from my phone, without encryption and from a third router. And it still fails for me.

Can you point out the tweet?

EDIT: probably this one: https://twitter.com/KoboHelp/status/404985411463696386

Last edited by ploum; 11-29-2013 at 05:14 AM.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #366
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Ok, a very important update. Reading a book I've also detected that the extra space is also added between words and . I've checked in an "official" kepub from my Kobo account (in this case "The Long Earth") and it's there.

So it doesn't happen ONLY with dashes, other symbols like "…" are also affected.

So following my previous posts I would:
  • Split the bug in two.
  • Rename the kepub one (the dash spacing issue) to "ACCESS adds extra spaces around dashes (AND other symbols: …) when justifying text. It looks extremely weird in Spanish dialogues."
  • Rename the epub one to "white-space:nowrap; doesn't work in RMSDK anymore".
  • Consider them confirmed?
OK, another update. This issue also happens in FW 3.1.0 and it also happens with . But in this last case it only happens AFTER it. So
Code:
This is an “example”. I have got more.
is not rendered in this way (which happened with …) when stretched because of justification:
Code:
This  is  an  “ example ” .  I  have  got  more.
but in this way:
Code:
This  is  an  “example” .  I  have  got  more.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #367
senchi
senchi began at the beginning.

Device: None
crash when connecting to pc

Hi,

I have a mark 4 kobo touch (N905C Model) and i sideloaded the latest update (3.1.0).
It is working well but when i do connect it to pc, it crashes then goes in infinite reboot.

btw where did go the chapter by chapter stats of kepubs, they are gone since 3.0.0 update!
senchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #368
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by senchi View Post

btw where did go the chapter by chapter stats of kepubs, they are gone since 3.0.0 update!
See any of the myriad of threads / posts about this. Kobo removed that feature in current builds for side loaded stats.

Yes there is an experimental version of the calibre Kobo Touch Extended driver that does allow them to be reenabled but it is not supported and will never be updated
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #369
mahendra
mahendra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds910 View Post
Having the exact same wifi issue on my Aura HD. Have added the code to FeatureSettings and will report back with results. For the record, I'm on Verizon FiOS; the router's wireless is using WPA2 authentication.
I received a Kobo Aura on Monday and I have the same wifi issue as ploum, sds910 and erikssenmar867. The kobo can connect only once to the wifi; once the connection is lost, kobo can't connect again unless I reboot it. Sync fails quite quickly (under 10 seconds) and the wifi icon only makes a brief appearance and is greyed out.

When manually trying to connect to wifi, the kobo finds the network when scanning but can't connect to it.

Factory reset of the kobo or the router does not solve the problem. Adding the string suggested by davidfor doesn't either.

The Kobo is on firmware 3.10 (automatically updates to 3.10 after factory reset) and the wifi network uses WPA2 authentication (the router is from my ISP). Of course, none of the other devices connected to the wifi (laptops and PS Vita) suffers from a similar issue. I tried other networks and the issue occured on all of them (but they all used WPA/WPA2 authentication, I'll try to test a public hotspot tomorrow).
mahendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #370
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Aura HD with firmware 3.1, same problem with the WiFi, just like mahendra describes the issue. Had no problem with earlier firmwares, and none of my other devices have any issues connecting, and reconnecting.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #371
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
New bug I've noticed since the upgrade to 3.10 (Aura HD). if I have a number of annotations for a book, and I open the annotations screen, long press on an annotation, and select "Remove highlight", the annotation doesn't disappear from the list. I either have to scroll down to the next page of annotations and back again, or close and reopen the annotations screen in order for the removed annotation to disappear from the list.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #372
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
New bug I've noticed since the upgrade to 3.10 (Aura HD). if I have a number of annotations for a book, and I open the annotations screen, long press on an annotation, and select "Remove highlight", the annotation doesn't disappear from the list. I either have to scroll down to the next page of annotations and back again, or close and reopen the annotations screen in order for the removed annotation to disappear from the list.
I was just working with annotations on my Glo, also on 3.1.0, and did not see that behavior when removing notes. (I use my Glo for some copyediting, and I use annotations to make notes as I progress. Note that this is different from simple highlighting or bookmarking, neither of which I normally bother with.)

Did you open the annotations from the device's home screen, or (as I did) from within the book?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #373
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
I opened the annotations from within the book. My annotations are just highlights, where I mark typos or formatting or grammatical errors for fixing after I've completed reading the text.
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #374
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
I opened the annotations from within the book. My annotations are just highlights, where I mark typos or formatting or grammatical errors for fixing after I've completed reading the text.
Sounds like we've cut it down to two variables, then: Aura vs. Glo and highlight vs. note. Should be easy enough for the devs to check from there.

To slide a little off-topic, since we're effectively doing the same thing with this feature - I find that actually making notes instead of just highlighting helps me immensely. I select a short phrase containing the error and make a short note that contains the chapter and fix. Basically, that saves me the later trouble of tracking that information down when it comes time to actually make the fixes. (In today's fix session, I was able to go through about 20 edits in just a few minutes.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #375
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Sounds like we've cut it down to two variables, then: Aura vs. Glo and highlight vs. note. Should be easy enough for the devs to check from there.

To slide a little off-topic, since we're effectively doing the same thing with this feature - I find that actually making notes instead of just highlighting helps me immensely. I select a short phrase containing the error and make a short note that contains the chapter and fix. Basically, that saves me the later trouble of tracking that information down when it comes time to actually make the fixes. (In today's fix session, I was able to go through about 20 edits in just a few minutes.)
It sure does work but taking notes while reading takes quite some time. Highlighting (a part of) the sentence that contains an error will also do the trick. Use the search function of your editing program to find and navigate to your highlighted POI.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app