Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #991
geninchuni
geninchuni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8
Standalone

Hello, I was checking your github files and I saw you have some "standalone indications" I tried the 5.1.3 standalone on ubuntu and it partially worked, it did create a epub and a mobi, but then i get this error
"Preparing source images...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kcc-c2e.py", line 36, in <module>
sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
File "/home/geninchuni/Escritorio/kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 80, in main
makeBook(source)
File "/home/geninchuni/Escritorio/kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 1123, in makeBook
path = getWorkFolder(source)
File "/home/geninchuni/Escritorio/kcc/kcc/comic2ebook.py", line 596, in getWorkFolder
raise UserWarning("Failed to open source file/directory.")
UserWarning: Failed to open source file/directory.
"
and so it doesn't finish the work at all, I can use the epub and mobi anyways but it kinda makes calibre glitch and take a much longer to transfer the file. How do I get rid of this error? thanks n_n

PS: I used this command: sudo python3 kcc-c2e.py [ --profile=K45 -m --title=FileName01 --format=MOBI -u --gamma=0.5 --hq --forcecolor --splitter=1 ] Filedirectory/FileName01.cbz
geninchuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #992
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Try using newest version.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #993
OmegaX
OmegaX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi, I'm using KCC to convert manga to read on my Kobo. So far it works great but I have a question: Is there a way to use an image just as the cover but not be shown as the first page? In other words, I want the image shown on the Library view to be different than the first page of the epub.
OmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #994
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. Currently not but I'm planing to change that soon.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #995
OmegaX
OmegaX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
No. Currently not but I'm planing to change that soon.
Ok, thanks for answering. That would be awesome. I'll wait for the next version then.
OmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #996
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Thank you KCC developers for working on this. It is very handy.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:32 AM   #997
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
the standalone can be used in windows too?
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #998
fsociety
fsociety began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Angry HQ setting

Quote:
This mode required extremely high quality source files to make any difference on new Kindle models. In most causes it done nothing.

I suggest you to check 2 panel view mode.
Please Please re instate the HQ panel setting option! I don't understand the explanation that it makes no difference because you need high quality original files - I only ever have super high quality original files because I buy the official releases of comics and don't get crappy pirated versions. Now all KCC does to my files is makes them viewable on kindle in crappy blury quality.

I really appreciate the up until now, awesome free program you have provided but now I blindly updated thinking that an update would always be a better version only to find out that now it is notably worse and there is no going back.
Please add the option again... After all it is just that.. an option, you can untick it if it makes no difference to you.

Rant over (sorry)

Last edited by fsociety; 02-03-2017 at 11:05 AM.
fsociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #999
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm currently revamping this feature and it will be back in next major release.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #1000
fsociety
fsociety began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
fsociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #1001
geninchuni
geninchuni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8
Quote:
YES
geninchuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:37 PM   #1002
Trigun
Connoisseur

can be launched with a command line without open the gui (in windows?)?
Old 02-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #1003
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes but you need to use source code version.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #1004
Trigun
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yes but you need to use source code version.
u mean use python?
more library :-(

no future project for add a command line on the exe file? ^_^

Last edited by Trigun; 02-09-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #1005
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.3 is out!

HQ zoom is not back yet.
  • Vastly improved output compatibility for non-Kindle devices
  • Enabled old pinch zoom for Kindle devices
  • Re-enabled Panel View support for Kindle Keyboard
  • Partially re-enabled OS X file association mechanism
  • Fixed multiple smaller issues

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools