Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
local best buy to start selling kindle 4 tomorrow!

Just returned from best buy after noticing all the stores near me had kindle 4 in stock..unfortunately they can't put them out till tomorrow (sat), but I figured I'd post incase anyone else was waiting for bb to get them in stock as well.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
tank0
tank0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same for Staples
tank0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Wow that was fast!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Hey I think I'll take my k3 to BB and do a bit compare and contrast

I hope they have some on display.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Hey I think I'll take my k3 to BB and do a bit compare and contrast

I hope they have some on display.
Good idea!
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
I hope when the Touches come out, the local stores are just as fast to get them.

I want to have a look at the Touch(WiFi) before I buy one.
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Good idea!
The screens will look different in bright store lighting than they will in your home. Just be aware of that.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The screens will look different in bright store lighting than they will in your home. Just be aware of that.
Yes, but you can compare them to your K3. More data for the forum here.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
cgromte
Banned
cgromte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I saw one at my local Best Buy tonight. It was much smaller than I imagined. Super light as well. Can't say I liked the tiny page turn buttons. The contrast looked about same as a Kindle 3 next to it but as mentioned above with the lighting in there they all look different than at home.
cgromte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
I went to Best Buy tonight and they had the k3 and k4 side by side. On the k4 it seemed like the background had a brownish color to it, whereas the k3 has the greyish color. I think the text on the k4 seemed more bold compared to the k3. I like the background color on the k3 better.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
Kayden
Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kayden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Man, I really want one. Might have to go shopping tomorrow.
Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
you can make the k3 have a more bold darker text by using Calibre and the Kindle collection and downloading fonts. Look to the Calibre forum to ask about appropriate fonts.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
you can make the k3 have a more bold darker text by using Calibre and the Kindle collection and downloading fonts. Look to the Calibre forum to ask about appropriate fonts.
Modifying the fonts and margins using the calibre Collections plugin works on both the K3 and the K4.