Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
akapulko2020
akapulko2020 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300,iPod Touch
Question How do I transfer a Kindle book outside the Kindle app?

I'm looking to buy a certain ebook and the best price seems to be at Amazon.

However, I want to read it on my Sony reader thus I need to get the book "outside" the Kindle app for PC or Iphone. How can I accomplish that?
(I usually use Calibre to transfer books to the ereader)
akapulko2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The easiest way is to use Kindle for PC. When you download the book it'll be in your "My Documents\My Kindle Content" folder,

You'll need to remove the DRM of course, but I'm assuming you know about that part of the process.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
akapulko2020

Smile

Thanks a lot for the advice!
To be honest, I've no idea as to DRM issues - only bought books from Sony or Kobobooks so far, and didn't need to remove anything there ... I'd very much appreciate a link to some threads where this has been discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest way is to use Kindle for PC. When you download the book it'll be in your "My Documents\My Kindle Content" folder,

You'll need to remove the DRM of course, but I'm assuming you know about that part of the process.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, we can't discuss DRM removal here. Google for
"Apprentice Alf".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
akapulko2020

Thanks a lot again!
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by akapulko2020 View Post

(I usually use Calibre to transfer books to the ereader)

And if you already use Calibre you are more than half way there. Just a few plug-in enhancements needed
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, kindle, prs-300, transfer