Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #91
carterw
carterw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
they finally released Firmware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They heard us!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529740

Last edited by carterw; 01-06-2011 at 11:48 PM.
carterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #92
ummae
ummae began at the beginning.

What did you means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterw View Post

They heard us!
They finally release the new firmware for DXG?
ummae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #93
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:

They heard us!
Really? Like I can turn on my WiFi right now and get updated??? Off to go check Amazon....
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #94
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
Carterw, your link seems to be broken. I just get an error page when I click on it. What does it say there?
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #95
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
WiFi is not firmware, WiFi would require an equipment change. PDF additions would be firmware
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #96
warlock07
Enthusiast
warlock07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680

Try this..
warlock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #97
carterw

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmian View Post
Carterw, your link seems to be broken. I just get an error page when I click on it. What does it say there?

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529740
Old 01-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #98
RedDogInCan
RedDogInCan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:

They heard us!
Only a bug fix version (2.5.7)

No PDF annotations, no searching outside of PDF documents, no webkit browser.
RedDogInCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #99
carterw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogInCan View Post
Only a bug fix version (2.5.7)

No PDF annotations, no searching outside of PDF documents, no webkit browser.

sorry i didn't read the whole update.

that's crap then, they ignore most important feature while they actually can do it.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #100
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I'm taking this to mean we can give up completely on the idea of the DXG getting the improvements the K3 got.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #101
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
doesn't this show how Amazon spit on DX buyers ?
It's like a 5 cent tip
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #102
vyiciu
vyiciu began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX Graphite
Am I the the lone optimistic holdout here? I mean at the very very least, they did bother to update all pre-K3 models except for the original one, however utterly insignificant it might be. Or maybe I'm just too freaking high on drugs
vyiciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #103
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyiciu View Post
Or maybe I'm just too freaking high on drugs
Maybe.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #104
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyiciu View Post
Am I the the lone optimistic holdout here? I mean at the very very least, they did bother to update all pre-K3 models except for the original one, however utterly insignificant it might be. Or maybe I'm just too freaking high on drugs
nah, I'm really high too and it looks to me like this is bad news.
no webkit/pdf now, then never.
they're letting us dxger's twist in the wind. guess they're too busy working on 'battleship for kindle' or something to bother.

sigh
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #105
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogInCan View Post
Why not just use Amazon's Customer Review feature to express our disappointment at Amazon's lack of updates for the DX. All it would take is 1,000 1-star ratings to send a strong message.
This sounds like a plan!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote