Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by the grue View Post
I have been reading this forum since I picked up my nice little EZreader, which i love love love. I do NOT love the last firmware upgrade. And I had issues with the one before that.

Mainly, I have big problems with the .lit (microsoft reader) files. While I use very nearly every other file type, I still have great piles of .lit. And the firmware hates it. Doesn't display; displays interesting characters and spaces; takes forever to load; locks up. lots of lock up. Bah.

the last firmware had major power issues. It was running down within a couple of hours of reading.

So I went and have the lbook one, but great googlymoogly, it's slow. And apparently the cache gets full at only 100 mb. It also hates .lit, but not as much as the Astak firmware. And I can't delete the stupid cache until I find a computer somewhere. (just learned about the cache. that whole locking up and endless reset presses. grr)

So, getting back on topic :

1. please make .lit happier.
2. please see what was up with the power
3. i would like to be able to delete the cache

Thanks!
Hmm, .lit format, interesting. I'll have to bring that up with our tech.

And if you don't mind my ignorance or asking, what sites or eBooks use .lit format? I haven't heard of it.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
LIT is Microsoft's format for ebooks. It's was around long before EPUB or MOBI ever existed. Most of the books I have purchased are LIT. I like LIT because it looks very much like a real book on a desktop and is a very nice reading experience. LIT ebooks opens in the Microsoft Reader program and has some nice features.

I was disappointed to learn that LIT did not work well with the Pocket Pro. It's an old format so really it should be working. However I have since found it's super easy to convert a LIT book in Calibre to EPUB so that's what I do.

Anywhere you see Microsoft Reader format being sold those are LIT books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #33
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
I've just ordered a Mentor, and was wondering if it's possible to include the support for a USB WiFi dongle, e.g. to make a simple web browser which can be used with the dongle. Probably a silly question...
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #34
warpwar
warpwar began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Have the 6" mentor (lite?) be able to landscape itself both ways, I'm right handed, so it would be better if I could set the landscape so that the arrows/ok button are on the right.

also have it remember your place so that if you power it off with a book open, and turn it back on, it picks up where you left off.

Last edited by warpwar; 08-31-2010 at 07:43 PM.
warpwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #35
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Only got one request: fix the space problem!

All my books have spaces in their titles and/or folder. Because of that, bookmarks won't stick if I go to another book.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #36
warpwar

Also, make the mentor have a lock function like the pocket pro.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #37
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpwar View Post
Also, make the mentor have a lock function like the pocket pro.
Wow, that's a good idea. I didn't know Mentor did not have a lock function, I use a PPro. Will file under 'Mentor' FW ideas.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
DoctorX
DoctorX began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro
Ablility to map the large OK button for page turn please.
DoctorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #39
Semp
Enthusiast
Semp doesn't litterSemp doesn't litter

Device: EZReader packet pro
Bookmark Capability for audio books.
Bookmark which will remember the time and file when you save a bookmark.
Semp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #40
warpwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Wow, that's a good idea. I didn't know Mentor did not have a lock function, I use a PPro. Will file under 'Mentor' FW ideas.
Also, if you add the lock function, add the option for us to select auto lock instead of auto power off.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #41
AlexeyB
AlexeyB began at the beginning.

Device: none
I need a firmware for Mentor, but I can't find any firmware for e-readers on www.astak.com anymore. It was there a few days ago. What happened?
AlexeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #42
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeyB View Post
I need a firmware for Mentor, but I can't find any firmware for e-readers on www.astak.com anymore. It was there a few days ago. What happened?
Our site is down for repairs, FW included. If you send a message to our team at support@astak.com, they can send you the FW via email. I will let them know your request is on its way!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #43
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
I am not clear on FW for Astak 6'. I am using the one from 12/2009 . If there is a new one how can i get it?
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #44
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
I am not clear on FW for Astak 6'. I am using the one from 12/2009 . If there is a new one how can i get it?
Yes, what happened to the 6" basic firmware? I was going to download it to my computer just in case I needed to reflash the device for some reason, but you only have firmware for the 6" plus! Can you please tell me where I can get the firmware for basic?

Wow, and I didn't notice that there's no longer an International section, which is what I used to order my EZ Reader!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #45
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Yes, what happened to the 6" basic firmware? I was going to download it to my computer just in case I needed to reflash the device for some reason, but you only have firmware for the 6" plus! Can you please tell me where I can get the firmware for basic?

Wow, and I didn't notice that there's no longer an International section, which is what I used to order my EZ Reader!
Well until Astak repost the firmware for the non-Plus 6" you could look at downloading firmware from Jinke/LBook/BeBook. They're all pretty similar (LBook have taken development of firmware to the next level and really made it good).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote