Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2023, 10:48 AM   #1
KissMeKiwi
KissMeKiwi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Unable to access Kobo Logs

Hi,

I am trying to set up a bluetooth page from here. I have gotten it to work with some devices but not others (the cheaper devices have very odd linux events).

Anyways, when trying to do this, I realized I do not know how or where to access logs. I thought to look in /var/log but nothing there. I have devmode on and checked the mounted drive when plugging in my PC, nothing there as well. There is no syslog.conf in /etc/.

Where would I look to find these log files?
KissMeKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
KissMeKiwi

Sorry for the double message, not sure how to edit.

I have now got a log file to save after enabling developer options via searching "devmodeon" and under Settings>Device Information> Developer options I have saved a log to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/log file. But when I open it with notepad it displays weird characters. How do i open it? Do i need to install some sort of program on my kobo?
Advert
Old 08-02-2023, 12:49 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Run `logread`.

Alternatively, Nickel's dev settings have an entry to dump the log... somewhere (IIRC, the root of the USBMS share, e.g., /mnt/onboard).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:49 PM   #4
KissMeKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Run `logread`.

Alternatively, Nickel's dev settings have an entry to dump the log... somewhere (IIRC, the root of the USBMS share, e.g., /mnt/onboard).

This worked! Thank you. Looks like my devices don't register under /dev/input/ and the bluetooth page turner cannot pick up on it, but that is an issue for another thread.

Thanks!