Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #76
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Great WS Deal on A.R. Shaw's Medical Thriller The China Epidemic--$2.98

The China Pandemic: A Post Apocalyptic Medical Thriller (Graham's Resolution Book 1). Author: A.R. Shaw.

$2.98 Whispersync deal ($0.99-ebook + $1.99-audio narration).

Ratings are fine. 344 pages.

As the subtitle says, this is a medical thriller.

There are five books in the Graham's Resolution series. This is the only one with a decent WS deal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H06NGFS/.

Oh, the audiobook (alone) at Audible? It's $17.95 (1 credit).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-03-2018 at 10:42 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Whispersync -- Amazon First Reads -- exp 30 Apr

Four of the six selections for April have Whispersync pairs. For those with Prime memberships, your first Kindle selection is free (1st Kindle price) and the remaining selections are $4.99 each (2nd Kindle price). For those without Prime memberships, the Kindle books are the current selling price (3rd Kindle price). After purchasing the ebooks, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each. See this post for additional details and discussions about this month's ebook selections.

For those with Kindle Unlimited and/or Prime Reading, some of the selections may have Whispersync pairs. After borrowing the "free" ebooks, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each. Kindle Unlimited subscribers can borrow these books when they are officially released next month.

When Never Comes -- Barbara Davis/ Shannon McManus --> 11.7 hrs --> contemp
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$4.99/$4.99)
  • Kindle Unlim --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Author Barbara Davis deftly explores an emotionally charged landscape of pain, loss, and despair - and the risk one woman will take in the hope of loving again.

As a teenage runaway and child of an addict, Christy-Lynn learned the hard way that no address was permanent, and no promise sacred. For a while, she found a safe haven in her marriage to bestselling crime novelist Stephen Ludlow - until his car skidded into Echo Bay. But Stephen’s wasn’t the only body pulled from the icy waters that night. When details about a mysterious violet-eyed blonde become public, a media circus ensues, and Christy-Lynn runs again.

Desperate for answers, she’s shattered to learn that Stephen and his mistress had a child - a little girl named Iris, who now lives in poverty with her ailing great-grandmother. The thought of Iris abandoned to the foster care system - as Christy-Lynn once was - is unbearable. But she’s spent her whole life running - determined never to be hurt again. Will she finally stand still long enough to open herself up to forgiveness and love?

Bandwidth -- Eliot Peper/ PJ Ochlan --> 9.9 hrs --> sci-fi
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    The Analog Novels -- book 1 of 1

“A future we can all recognize - and one that we should all be genuinely afraid of.” - Ars Technica on Cumulus

A rising star at a preeminent political lobbying firm, Dag Calhoun represents the world’s most powerful technology and energy executives. But when a close brush with death reveals that the influence he wields makes him a target, impossible cracks appear in his perfect, richly appointed life.

Like everyone else, Dag relies on his digital feed for everything - a feed that is as personal as it is pervasive, and may not be as private as it seems. As he struggles to make sense of the dark forces closing in on him, he discovers that activists are hijacking the feed to manipulate markets and governments. Going public would destroy everything he’s worked so hard to build, but it’s not just Dag’s life on the line—a shadow war is coming, one that will secure humanity’s future or doom the planet to climate catastrophe. Ultimately, Dag must decide the price he’s willing to pay to change the world.

An American Princess -- Annejet van der Zijl/ Teri Schnaubelt --> 5.8 hrs --> biography
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    An American Princess: The Many Lives of Allene Tew

The true story of a girl from the wilderness settlements of a burgeoning new America who became one of the most privileged figures of the Gilded Age.

Born to a pioneering family in Upstate New York in the late 1800s, Allene Tew was beautiful, impetuous, and frustrated by the confines of her small hometown. At eighteen, she met Tod Hostetter at a local dance, having no idea that the mercurial charmer she would impulsively wed was heir to one of the wealthiest families in America. But when he died twelve years later, Allene packed her bags for New York City. Never once did she look back.

From the vantage point of the American upper class, Allene embodied the tumultuous Gilded Age. Over the course of four more marriages, she weathered personal tragedies during World War I and the catastrophic financial reversals of the crash of 1929. From the castles and châteaus of Europe, she witnessed the Russian Revolution and became a princess. And from the hopes of a young girl from Jamestown, New York, Allene Tew would become the epitome of both a pursuer and survivor of the American Dream.

Monsoon Mansion -- Cinelle Barnes/ Cinelle Barnes --> 9.0 hrs --> memoir
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Told with a lyrical, almost-dreamlike voice as intoxicating as the moonflowers and orchids that inhabit this world, Monsoon Mansion is a harrowing yet triumphant coming-of-age memoir exploring the dark, troubled waters of a family’s rise and fall from grace in the Philippines. It would take a young warrior to survive it.

Cinelle Barnes was barely three years old when her family moved into Mansion Royale, a stately ten-bedroom home in the Philippines. Filled with her mother’s opulent social aspirations and the gloriously excessive evidence of her father’s self-made success, it was a girl’s storybook playland. But when a monsoon hits, her father leaves, and her mother’s terrible lover takes the reins, Cinelle’s fantastical childhood turns toward tyranny she could never have imagined. Formerly a home worthy of magazines and lavish parties, Mansion Royale becomes a dangerous shell of the splendid palace it had once been.

In this remarkable ode to survival, Cinelle creates something magical out of her truth - underscored by her complicated relationship with her mother. Through a tangle of tragedy and betrayal emerges a revelatory journey of perseverance and strength, of grit and beauty, and of coming to terms with the price of family - and what it takes to grow up.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-04-2018 at 12:08 AM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2018, 01:08 AM   #78
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for posting these. I was completely unfamiliar with the Amazon First Reads program. I still don't quite understand it, but I'll catch on.

You've got to give credit to Amazon for innovation--there's never a dull moment.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-05-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 PM   #79
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

My heart started racing. I started looking for my Valium. "Where is it, I shouted, where? Where did I put it?" Perspiration dripped from my forehead. I was getting panicky.

What would people say behind my back? What disappointment that I would have in myself, and others would have in me if I don't do it!!! What would fellow MobileReaders be saying in PM's, behind my back??? Oh, the shame, the shame!

What was the cause of this consternation, this upheaval of the mind? I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to find a good Whispersync deal!. The day was about over, and I hadn't found one, not one. When has that happened before? Then, out of nowhere, I finally did find one--I found a good--no great--Whisperync deal for today. Ah, what a relief! The birds sing ever more sweetly; the sky is bluer; etc., etc. All is well with the world!

Here it is. It's on an ebook called, simply, Drive, by Kate Stewart.

Of course, the first thing that you probably want to know is what is the price? It's only $2.98 ($0.99-book + $1.99-audio)! So, you can have the Audible audio that you want of this book for $2.98 total. At Audible you would have to pony up $21.95, or one credit to get it there, by itself, no ebook included.

And this is not some puny little book, either--it has 413 pages! I just had to find out how much listening time to which that translates. So, I went to Audible, and found out that it's a whole 11 hours, and 22 minutes long!

Out of 637 reviews at Amazon, the book garners an average 4.8 stars! And read some of the honors bestowed upon it:
2017 Nominee for Best Contemporary Romance-GOODREADS
Named one of the Top 10 hottest romance reads of 2017 by Huffington Post and New York Daily News.

And if you go to the Amazon webpage for the book, be sure to read the gushing reviews, too.

It looks like a book that falls solidly in the romance subgenre, in the "New Adult & College" category.

I'm all finished now, except for giving you the URL, again, for the webpage at Amazon. And I have 7 minutes to spare before the end of the day (not counting the inevitable editing)!

I never should have doubted myself.

Goodnight.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-06-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #80
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Get the Whispersync Deal On Carolina Coast Stories Series Book 1 for $1.99!

Actually, I don't think that there is more than one book in the Carolina Coast Stories "series." Perhaps author Normandie Fischer, or her agent, or someone else is being optimistic about things that this book, published less than two years ago, might lead to.

Anyway, I think that this WS deal matches, at least, the best one in price that I've ever posted!

And I haven't needed to compromise on my demanding criteria for posting a WS deal on an ebook. A quick rundown of the what I consider the most salient facts:
- It is $1.99, as noted in the title to this post.
- It's a romance, with possibly a little bit of religious/inspirational references, etc. (see more information below).
- It has a 4.5-star rating, from 170 reviews, at Amazon.
- It is a Heart of Excellence finalist and a Selah Awards finalist.
- The audio, alone, at Audible, is $21.95 (or 1 credit), so you save 91% on the audio by buying the WS deal!
- The ebook is a hefty 364 pages long.

I'm all about money--how much does something cost, and how much do I save. But, the rest of you probably would like to know something about the book. Here's the description, from Amazon:
When a Southern woman with a broken heart finds herself falling for a widower with a broken boat, it's anything but smooth sailing.

With her days chock full—designing jewelry for the shop she co-owns with her best friend, sailing her sharpie, and hanging out with girlfriends—Tadie Longworth barely notices she's morphing into the town's maiden aunt. When Will, a widower with a perky daughter named Jilly, limps into town in a sailboat badly in need of engine repairs, Tadie welcomes the chance to help. Her shop becomes Jilly's haven while Will hunts boat parts, and Tadie even takes the two of them sailing. It's the kind of thing she lives for, and it's a welcome distraction from the fact that her ex-boyfriend Alex, aka The Jerk of Jerks, is back in town. With his northern bride. Oh, and he's hitting on Tadie, too.

Those entanglements are more than enough, thank you very much, so it's almost a relief when a hurricane blows into town: at least the weather can match Tadie's mood. When Will and Jilly take shelter in her home, though, Tadie finds herself battling her attraction to Will. Even worse, the feeling is mutual, tempting them all with what-ifs that petrify Will, who has sworn never to fall in love again. Mired in misunderstanding, he takes advantage of the clear skies and hauls Jilly out of there and back to his broken boat so fast, Tadie's head spins.

With the man she might have loved gone, and the man she wishes gone showing up on her doorstep, Tadie finds herself like a sailboat with no wind; becalmed, she has to fight her way back against the currents to the shores of the life, and the man, she wants.

Written for the General Market (G) (I): Contains little or no; sexual dialogue or situations, violence, or strong language. May also contain some content of an inspirational/religious nature. Similar romance novels in this genre may be categorized as: christian romance, inspirational romance, christian fiction, and clean, wholesome romance.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETTHHRG/.

I usually don't have this kind of information, but I know that the special price on this WS deal is scheduled to end on April 8 at midnight (almost certainly, based where the publisher is located, that's EST).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-06-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Advert
Old 04-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #81
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

New Slate of Kindle Exclusives = New Slate of Possible Great Whispersync Deals!

I don't want to start sounding like a broken record (peeps under the age of about 50, ask your parents or grandparents (if you're fortunate enough to have any still living) what that means). But, there is a new slate of Kindle Exclusives available.

They're all ebooks published by Amazon or one of its imprints. Maybe for that reason, these Kindle exclusives seem to have a lot more good to great Whispersync deals available for them.

Once you get to the webpage, you will certainly want to do some sorting, limiting of search parameters, and those kinds of things. Of course, if it's WS deals that you're interested in, you'll certainly want to tic the box, on the lefthand side, beside which it says "eBooks with Audible Narration."

Happy hunting.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-07-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: elimination of "smile," preceding the rest of the URL
Old 04-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #82
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Kindle Exclusives of the Week Redividus.

Amazon just announced the Kindle Exclusives of Week.

If you are not yet familiar with the benefit of buying the Kindle Exclusives of the Week in order to get some great Whispersync deals, you might want to read my post #81 on this thread.

If you are not yet familiar with WS deals, they are package deals in which Amazon gives you both the audiobook and ebook for a set price. Sometimes these deals are so great that you can actually acquire the audiobook as a part of a WS deal cheaper than you can buy the audiobook outright from Audible--sometimes much, much cheaper!

The downside is that truly great WS deals are harder to find than they were, say 2 years ago. However, they are much more common with the Kindle Exclusives of the Week ebooks.

I am not sorting the list in any way this time, as I have before. Of course, you'll want to tic the box in the lefthand column which says something like, "has Whispersync narration."

Good luck finding some great WS deals!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-14-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #83
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Two Great Whispersync Deals-One $1.99; the Other $2.98, on Passport to Romance Tomes.

Both Book 1 and Book 2 (there are only two at this time) of the Passport to Romance series have great Whispersync deals on them at the present moment.

The books are authored by Anthea Lawson.

Book 1, Fortune's Flower, has the honor of having the best WS deal of the two. It is only $1.99.

Book 2, To Heal a Heart, has a price of $2.98 for its WS deal.

From the appearance of the covers, the books look to be historical romances (yes, you can sometimes can judge a book by its cover! The adage that says that you can't is untrue, at least to some extent! But, I digress . . . .).

Both of the ebooks meet my demanding requirements for posting a book. Need I say more?

Oh, yes, well, I should say that you can find out more, here, on Amazon, about these deals.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-16-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #84
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$5.48 Whispersync Deal on the Mystery/Thriller Hold On.

The Whispersync deal on the 380-page, 4.4-star-rated mystery/thriller Hold Still is only $5.48.

I know, that doesn't sound like a great deal compared to some that I've posted. But keep in mind what I wrote in paragraph #1 about the book. Also, be aware that the price of the audiobook, by itself (at Audible) is $17.95 (1 credit). Put another way, you will save $12.47 on the audio simply by buying the WS deal, instead of buying it at Audible. Oh, and don't forget that you get the ebook thrown in for free by buying the WS deal. Now the deal is beginning to look pretty good, isn't it?

Check it out here, and buy it at the same webpage, if you like what you see.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-16-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #85
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

ADVISORY: I'm going to try to have some fantastic Whispersync deals on this thread later tonight (EST). They'll be cross-posts from a couple of already-existing threads in this forum.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-17-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #86
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

A cross-post from the "Non-Fiction" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avice View Post
A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea by Masaji Ishikawa
FREE at Kindle US
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKRKFZL/
An AmazonCrossing book translated from Japanese.
I hate to intrude on another person's turf, but . . .

The Whispersync deal on the ebook is only $1.99. That means that you can have the ebook to read, and the audiobook to listen to, for only $1.99!!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #87
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Another cross-post, this one from the "World Book Day" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
World Book Day -- Free Kindle Books -- exp 24 Apr

In Celebration of World Book Day, AmazonCrossing Aims to Connect One Million Readers with Kindle Books in Translation

Read these nine Kindle books from around the world for FREE

Spoiler:
Celebrate World Book Day with AmazonCrossing

A River in Darkness: One Man’s Escape from North Korea by Masaji Ishikawa, translated from Japanese by Risa Kobayashi and Martin Brown: An Amazon Charts bestselling memoir about one man’s harrowing escape from the oppression of North Korea.

The House by the River by Lena Manta, translated from Greek by Gail Holst-Warhaft: An epic saga of love, adventure and family from Greece’s reigning #1 best-selling author.

Still Waters by Viveca Sten, translated from Swedish by Marlaine Delargy: The first book in the nearly 4 million-copy best-selling Swedish Sandhamn Murders series.

The Great Passage by Shion Miura, translated from Japanese by Juliet Winters Carpenter: This award-winning novel, adapted into a major motion picture, about the making of a Japanese dictionary is a reminder that a life dedicated to passion is a life well lived.

Last Train to Istanbul by Ayşe Kulin, translated from Turkish by John W. Baker: A sweeping story of love, adventure and compassion, about a young Turkish couple traversing Nazi-occupied Europe to gain their freedom, from one of Turkey’s most beloved authors.

The Gray House by Mariam Petrosyan, translated from Russian by Yuri Machkasov: An astounding and award-winning tale of a mesmerizing space where disabilities symbolize strengths.

The Question of Red by Laksmi Pamuntjak, translated from Indonesian by Laksmi Pamuntjak: A saga of love, revolution and resilience and one woman’s courage to forge her own path, from an award-winning Indonesian novelist.

The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen, translated from Spanish by Simon Bruni: A haunting page-turner about a boy who lives underground and discovers that light exists in even the darkest of places.

Ten Women by Marcela Serrano, translated from Spanish by Beth Fowler: A group of women with divergent life stories bond over triumphs and heartaches in this beautiful tale about universal connections from an award-winning Chilean author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
All of these books which have audio narrations (thus, creating Whispersync deals), have them for $1.99 each! A Question of Red appears to be the only ebook of the bunch that doesn't have an audio companion.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-17-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added links to the books
Old 04-18-2018, 11:53 PM   #88
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Really Good Whispersync Deal on Bk 1 of A Maternal Instincts Mystery; Bk 2 is Good.

Book 2 (Motherhood is Murder) of the A Maternal Instincts Mystery series has a Whispersync deal for only $1.99. Go here to get the deal.

There are 6 books in the series. None of the other books in the series have what I would call an "outstanding" WS deal on it. However, if you really like the series, or really like this particular book, you might want to consider A Bundle of Trouble (A Humorous Cozy Mystery), which is Book 1 of the series. The WS deal for it is $4.98.

Everything meets my posting standards. The only real thing that I would like to see is a greater differential between the Audible audiobook price and the price of the WS deals-- the audiobook price at Audible for each book is $11.95.

If you're interested in one or more of the WS deals for books in the series, I suggest that start your exploration from the series' homepage.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #89
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

WS Deals on the Watcher Chronicles--One is $1.99; Three are $2.98!

There are super Whispersync deals on all of the books in the whole 4-Book series, The Watcher Chronicles; the prices of three of the deals are not quite as super as the deal on the other one.

The Watcher Chronicles are "penned" by S.J. West. Apparently, they all have in common the paranormal. Book 1 is called a "Paranormal Angel Romance."

Of course, I've vetted all of them to make sure that they meet my standards to qualify for posting.

First, the least expensive WS deal:
- Book 1, Broken (Paranormal Angel Romance) - $1.99.

Here are deals on the rest:
- Book 2, Kindred - $2.98.
- Book 3, Oblivion - $2.98.
- Book 4, Ascension - $2.98.

I suggest that you begin your investigation of these books, if you're not already familiar with them, from here, the dedicated Amazon webpage for the entire series.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #90
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I'm not sure if it has ever been mentioned but three mysteries by Chris Grabenstein are $.99 With $1.99 audiobook addon. They are:

1. Tilt-A-Whirl https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULAG/
2. Whack-a-Mole https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULAQ/
3. Mad Mouse https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULB0
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote