Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #361
sirdave
sirdave began at the beginning.

Device: original Kindle, Kindle DX, Keyboard Kindle, Voyager, Oasis1
I am really impressed with the battery life of my Oasis 1. I'm surprised that Amazon didn't offer an optional charging cover for the Oasis 2 with the improvement that the cover and main unit could be charged separately.
sirdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #362
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdave View Post
I am really impressed with the battery life of my Oasis 1. I'm surprised that Amazon didn't offer an optional charging cover for the Oasis 2 with the improvement that the cover and main unit could be charged separately.

I agree. A charging cover would be great for the new Oasis especially since its so expensive to begin with
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #363
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
You just convinced me to add DODO to my reading list. I love Neal Stephenson anyway, though I have yet to read his entire oeuvre.

By the way, if you like quirky, geeky humor, you should try Charles Stross. His Laundry Files series is quite good, and his standalone novels never fail to deliver.

I totally agree with you regarding ACC, and I'll definitely check out this Black Holes film.

DODO is quite fun. I am trying to resist the urge to post spoilers. I placed your book recommendation on my kindle wish list. I just purchased a collection of classics for 49 cents and it is 22,000 pages long according to amazon description LOL

Last edited by kcladyz; 04-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #364
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots

I find that once you find a light level you can stick with it helps with battery life for you are not adjusting as much. My battery is down to 55% in 7 days instead of 4 or 5 days.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #365
Wearever
Guru
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I find that once you find a light level you can stick with it helps with battery life for you are not adjusting as much. My battery is down to 55% in 7 days instead of 4 or 5 days.
That's good ! I'm doing the opposite with adjusting the light more for reading on cloudy days. I can do 11 at night, but daytime I have to up the level to compensate for lack of sun. Although we're getting more sun next week, hopefully that will let me keep the light off all together outside.

Or I'll just use my Voyage outside, the battery on that is much better no matter the light setting.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #366
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
That's good ! I'm doing the opposite with adjusting the light more for reading on cloudy days. I can do 11 at night, but daytime I have to up the level to compensate for lack of sun. Although we're getting more sun next week, hopefully that will let me keep the light off all together outside.

Or I'll just use my Voyage outside, the battery on that is much better no matter the light setting.
I wish there was a way to completely hide the battery status bar so I would not obsess over it. I know it disappears when a book is open but I want it gone from home screen as well. I obsess over it to the point its ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #367
John Hopper
Zealot
John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!John Hopper rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I wish there was a way to completely hide the battery status bar so I would not obsess over it. I know it disappears when a book is open but I want it gone from home screen as well. I obsess over it to the point its ridiculous.
I find turning off the percentage helps. Whichever way one cuts though, the battery life is disappointing compared to previous Kindles, though in every other respect this is by far the best Kindle ever for me.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #368
Wearever
Guru
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I think I'll use my Oasis 2 as my outside reader now. I can leave the light off, so that will really improve the battery life. At least on sunny days.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:44 PM   #369
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I find turning off the percentage helps. Whichever way one cuts though, the battery life is disappointing compared to previous Kindles, though in every other respect this is by far the best Kindle ever for me.
I do that but the temptation makes me switch over and look lol