Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #1246
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@jttw: The simple answer to that, is that the plugin is not intended for single use, and never will be. It will always store the counts calculated. Once you know how to add custom columns, it is fairly simple. And the values set for them can be displayed in the book list, the book details and will be editable in the metadata editor dialog.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #1247
jtww
jtww began at the beginning.

Device: none
Alright, really just wanted to leave some UI feedback since most people never do before they just move to something else (as I did). have fun e-booking
jtww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #1248
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
There seems to be a bug or something that causes the program to hang and force me to quit Calibre if I should delete a book that is in the queue for getting page numbers.

Once the program is done getting the page counts and starts to update the columns the missing book causes a warning or something to pop up causing the page update to stall.

I couldn't see the warning box because it was behind the updating columns box - which also stalled and ended up locking the program.

Not sure if this can be fixed, but I thought I would mention it.

Last edited by Rellwood; 05-21-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:44 AM   #1249
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I won't deny that my first reaction was: Why are you counting the pages of a book you don't want?

But, it should handle this. I'll throw it on the TODO list, but, I'm not going to be in a rush to do it.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #1250
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
There seems to be a bug or something that causes the program to hang and force me to quit Calibre if I should delete a book that is in the queue for getting page numbers.

Not sure if this can be fixed, but I thought I would mention it.
I believe this is what is referred to as a PEBKAC error.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:09 AM   #1251
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I believe this is what is referred to as a PEBKAC error.
I didn't know the word but I totally agree
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #1252
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Love this plugin. Works fine for most of my huge Calibre library, processes usually faster than 1 minute per book.
Unfortunately longer books do not take proportionately longer, but rather MUCH MUCH longer. The longest books I've tried never complete even after running over 12 hours.
I am not out of disk space or memory, and it's still churning away using CPU.
An omnibus of 6 books should take 6x as long as processing one book, but instead it takes hours.

I'm doing:
Page Count Paragraphs APNX Accurate
Word Count use ICU algorithm
Gunning Fog Index

Are any of these algorithms non-linear?
Is there a key part of the plugin that I could re-code in a compiled language to speed it up?

An easy source of large books are cheap/free classics like these from Golden Deer
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/en...price-asc-rank

The most extreme example I have is the Complete Harvard classics which is over 70,000 pages.
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #1253
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I won't deny that my first reaction was: Why are you counting the pages of a book you don't want?

But, it should handle this. I'll throw it on the TODO list, but, I'm not going to be in a rush to do it.
I tend to do a large batch of page counts and then realize (while it's running in the background) that I need to delete books for whatever reason. I forget that the pages are being counted.

It's not like I am counting pages on a couple of books. Sometimes I discover the books are only samples, or duplicates or whatever. I delete them and later realize when the plugin is through and goes to update the columns that I deleted a book in the list.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #1254
China Diapers
China Diapers began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Count Pages Plugin error: No identifiers for selected download sources

Steps to recreate:

1. Select book
2. Click menu button on Count Pages toolbar item
3. Select 'Download word/page counts - all sources

Observed result:

See attached

Anybody know how to resolve?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-28_19-47-10.png
Views:	213
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	172161  
China Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #1255
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. Review your Count Pages customizing, and then add the appropriate Identifier Type(s) with their corresponding Identifier Value(s) to each book for which you are trying to download statistics. Maintain Identifiers in "Edit Metadata" in standard Calibre, or in a plugin (e.g. Job Spy).
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #1256
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
Read the first post in the Count Pages thread

Post issues regarding a specific optional plugin in that Plugin's thread -- Index of plugins

I will merge this thread into the Count Pages plugin thread

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #1257
China Diapers
China Diapers began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Yes. Review your Count Pages customizing, and then add the appropriate Identifier Type(s) with their corresponding Identifier Value(s) to each book for which you are trying to download statistics. Maintain Identifiers in "Edit Metadata" in standard Calibre, or in a plugin (e.g. Job Spy).
Thank you
China Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #1258
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Add site Skoob for downloading page count

Attached is a beta with two changes:
  • Add the site skoob.com.br for downloading page counts. This is a Brazilian book site. This was done at the request of @thiago.eec who has recently created a metadata source plugin for the site.
  • Check books are still in the library when updating the page count. This fixes a bug reported by @Rellwood.

Please test and tell me if there are any problems. I will release it officially if there are no problems.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-10-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Removed beta as update has been released.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #1259
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, @davidfor.

It worked perfectly here!
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #1260
BlackDogWhite
BlackDogWhite began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle (oldold) & Gen6 Fire, Gen8 Fire
I'm having the same problem (No identifiers for selected download sources). This is after using Count Pages successfully for quite a while. It quit working after updating to calibre 3.46. (Calibre Companion is giving me fits too, which is how I link my PC to iPad).

I already have the appropriate columns and identifiers (remember, it _used_ to work). I also reinstalled the plugin, but that seems to have had no effect.

I don't really know what the error message is trying to tell me!

Ron
BlackDogWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin