Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
OK, I Ate Some; But Never Again

I've experimented with foods from other cultures and for the most part, it's downright good; but there's a limit as to what I'll tolerate. Never again will these three ever hit my taste buds:
  • ketchup
  • kimchi
  • lutefisk
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
No ketchup? What about on french fries
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
try some vegemite! Oprah likes it.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Ahh, I can agree with the lutefisk, but civilazation cannot survive without ketchup (catsup) and kim chee!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Ooh - I love kimchi! Ketchup is boring when there are so many other better condiments. Lutefisk - dunno? What is it?
Vegemite is a very acquired taste - I am surprised that Oprah likes it, maybe she really is an Australian! I love it but have been eating the stuff practically since birth.

I also love octopus and that strange Chinese wood fungus (can't think of the name) so maybe not a picky eater.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Ooh - I love kimchi! Ketchup is boring when there are so many other better condiments. Lutefisk - dunno? What is it?
Vegemite is a very acquired taste - I am surprised that Oprah likes it, maybe she really is an Australian! I love it but have been eating the stuff practically since birth.

I also love octopus and that strange Chinese wood fungus (can't think of the name) so maybe not a picky eater.
tree ears?

I love me some kimchee!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dr Oz says kimchee is very good for you. Does it smell?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Dr Oz says kimchee is very good for you. Does it smell?
yep!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
yep!
Like? rotten cabbage? or sauerkraut?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Like? rotten cabbage? or sauerkraut?
Rotten cabbage and hot pepper! Yum!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Never again: Century egg. I had to try it when I had the opportunity, but yick.

But what's wrong with ketchup? It seems fairly innocuous.

Last edited by natasha_fawn; 02-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
wodin
Illiterate

Is that anything like baluts? I'll try most things, but I have limits too!

Last edited by wodin; 02-03-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
Never again: Century egg. I had to try it when I had the opportunity, but yick.

But what's wrong with ketchup? It seems fairly innocuous.
The 100 year egg was not yummy. The colour put me off!

ketchup seems Ok though, I don't really like it beause it has too much sugar, but sometime is just the thing for a bacon and egg sanga or hot chips!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Brussels sprouts my father made.

He made it once when my mother was away. My sister and I tasted it before my father did and asked him if we really had to eat them. He told us we had, until he put one in his mouth. He was the first of us three to reach the bin. He overcooked them and the inside was all mushy and yuk.

He's the best pancake and omellete maker, but never ever Brussels sprouts again!
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Brussels sprouts my father made.

He made it once when my mother was away. My sister and I tasted it before my father did and asked him if we really had to eat them. He told us we had, until he put one in his mouth. He was the first of us three to reach the bin. He overcooked them and the inside was all mushy and yuk.

He's the best pancake and omellete maker, but never ever Brussels sprouts again!
Love 'em!

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...ts-recipe.html
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote